“Not great but decent eatery”
Review of C&C Wine Bar

C&C Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 102 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St. John's, Antigua
“Not great but decent eatery”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Decided to try the popular lasagna night. The lasagna was good but very overrated. I have had better lasagna from the supermarket deli and of course homemade from friends and relatives. I may return to the restaurant but it would not be for the lasagna. The accompanying bread was a bit burnt but it was useful as the lasagna is of the runny variety.

I ordered olives as a starter; I had two but could not manage anymore as they were exceptionally salty. I informed the waitress and asked her to remove it from the table as I would not be having any more. She apologised politely and was shocked as she said it came straight out of the packet--that shocked me as I had assumed some level of freshness and kitchen prepared flavouring,not just store bought to be thrust onto the plate. I am a fan of olives but I could not eat these. We were still charged for it.

Partner and I shared the chicken wings which came with a spicy honey sauce. The wings were divine and I really enjoyed them: the best part of the meal. Wine was pretty good also.

The service for the night was excellent I must say though. It was a full house but we didn't have to wait too long at any point to get attention.

Pro tips: a) book well in advance if you wish to try the lasagna night but don't get your expectations too high on the taste. b) choose a table that does not have metal fold out chairs. My bum started to hurt by the time I was halfway through my lasagna.

• Visited August 2013

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great wine”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Nice place to have a bottle of wine with friends and chat. Have yet to try the food but will review it when I have. The wine is all South African and of good quality.

Visited July 2013
Weehawken, NJ
“Lasagne, locals and love!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stumbled across C&C by accident during a trip into town from the AI place were we were staying. Lovely lunch, nicest wine we had on the island and Claudie and Cutie so very warm and friendly. Felt like we belonged there, rather than visitors. We liked it so much we came back for Lasagne night. Raised eyebrows at our hotel where "why pay when Its all inclusive" attitude prevailed. Such a shame for those people and they missed out on a great experience. We had a great time, great food, terrific mix of fellow diners, lots of locals, expats and tourists, but mostly locals and a cool, eclectic crowd they were. You can buy wine there to bring back to your hotel and it won't leave you thinking ..."what did I drink last night, and why do I feel like ***** ! We love the whole vibe of this place. They hooked us up with some local diners who drove us back to our hotel, because they cared and didn't want us to spend money on a cab. We have told all our friends about this place. Will definitely be back and look forward to seeing the girls walking their dogs on the beach. Nice job ladies! Simple, no frills, good food and wine and great atmosphere/setting.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank HobokenReader
Travelbugbarry
“Best lasagna I have ever had!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I have visited c and c 's on numerous occasions over the last few years during vacations in Antigua and they never disappoint. The lasagna night is just superb, the service is fantastic and the wine excellent. I have also tried out their coconut shrimp and they were also delicious. I couldn't recommend it enough.

• Visited July 2013
“An absolute must! Fabulous.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

A fantastic restaurant in Saint Johns, here is my review......

Food,
Absolutely fantastic, especially lasagne night on a Thursday where the food is very reasonably priced and delicious.

Price,
Very reasonable including drinks.

Service,
The service at C and C's is fantastic.

Final thought,
Well worth a visit if you are in Antigua.

• Visited July 2013