“Impressive”
Review of Island Mantra

Island Mantra
Ranked #10 of 20 Shopping in St. John's
More attraction details
Owner description: Island Mantra is the working studio & gift shop of Caribbean artist Lyris Tracey. Original art, hand painted & dyed clothing, soft furnishings & Unique lightweight handmade jewelry. Open daily from 10 am. Parking is available on street.
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I visited Island Mantra recently, and have to say Lyris has an impressive array of lively, colourful creations in her studio/shop, and seemingly boundless talent!
Loved it!

3  Thank shellartist
LyrisTracey, Owner at Island Mantra, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for the lovely review of my work & Island Mantra.
It was a pleasure meeting you, chatting about Antigua, art & your island experiences.
I look forward to seeing you again when next you visit.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had read about Island Mantra online before we left on vacation and new right away I just HAD to visit this obviously special " gift shop". This was my husband and mine first time on Antigua and we didn't know our way around the island at all. Thanks to the internet I contacted Lyris, the artist and owner of Island Mantra, and she was so very gracious and helpful in directing us to her workshop. The descriptions online were all true: you can not leave Antigua without having been to Island Mantra! Lyris is so very talented and has the most beautiful artistic pieces there for you to purchase. They are all one of a kind! I bought earrings for all the girls in the family and a beautiful tablecloth that I just love to display in my home. Lyris uses the most amazing colors in everything she paints! Lyris is not just a wonderful artist, but also a delight to meet! If you're looking for a special shopping experience, you HAVE to visit Island Mantra during your stay. You will not regret it.

3  Thank stxoneway
LyrisTracey, Owner at Island Mantra, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for your glowing review of Island Mantra, I enjoyed meeting both your husband and yourself during your vacation & am thrilled that you continue to be so happy with your purchases.
I try to provide unique local art, gifts & mementos along with personalized service, & your kind words let me that I do.
Thanks you.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

For stunning handcrafted items this is the place in Antigua. Lyris the artist /owner is friendly,creatively talented, and accommodating. Her high quality work is unique and affordable, I found something there for everyone and the experience was delightful.I highly recommend Island Mantra.I will make it my first shopping stop on my next trip to Antigua,

LyrisTracey, Owner at Island Mantra, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for your great review of my work & Island Mantra.
It was wonderful meeting you & I am happy that you were able to find something for everyone on your list!
I look forward to seeing you again in the future. Lyris

Reviewed November 18, 2013

So... You know normally you run around on your last days abroad running around checking tacky gift shops for people at home and still not finding anything all that great... Well.. if you are visiting Antigua for your holidays your luck is about to change!!!
On this beautiful island you have the beautiful Lyris and her beautiful work.. There is something for everyone there and on my last visit to the island I made the trip to island mantra on more than one occasion.. I found gifts for everyone at home, and myself!! The works she does ranges from clothes to jewellery to bird feeders to wall pieces. There is such variety, you will always find something to your liking and with every visit the stock changes! Everything at island mantra is individually made with love care and passion, and oh boy you can see it in the products. Lyris herself is as wonderful as her work, she is more than happy to go above and beyond for you, if she can change or tweak or add anything to a product, even make the product from scratch, she will. I honestly would recommend anyone travelling to Antigua, to visit Lyris and her amazing Island Mantra at least once on your trip. I for one will be returning in April and I can't wait! :) :) :)

Nicki Clarke
London, England

1  Thank Nicki C
LyrisTracey, Owner at Island Mantra, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Thank you for your review of my work and 'Island Mantra'. It is always wonderful to have feedback from happy visitors like yourself & I look forward to seeing you when you return in April.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

If you are like me, wandering through endless stalls of cheap, made in china, "crafts" that all look alike is tantamount to torture. So get off the beaten track and head to Island Mantra, just 10 minutes out of St. John. Lyris is talented and personable and willing to go the extra mile with you. Happily, she has a paypal account, so no cash or credit card are needed.
I purchased a fantastic painting done on a piece of salvaged palm wood, briliant leather earrings and earrings made from painted sea fan pieces. Absolutely unique! We called from our hotel to be sure she was open, as she does show her work in another gallery as well as a weekly art fair.
I will treasure these items; they really made my day.

LyrisTracey, Owner at Island Mantra, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

It was a pleasure meeting you & I am happy that you found my studio easily & the Pay Pal option a plus.
I do put a lot of myself into everything that I create & hope that you will enjoy your pieces for a long time to come.
Thank you for the great review!