“The Cove has a great setting but for the price I can only give 4 stars.”

The Cove Restaurant at The Blue Waters Resort
Ranked #6 of 106 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Uniquely situated on a cliff top, the Cove Restaurant combines Caribbean and French cuisine with flair. As guests arrive at the Cove Restaurant, they will be greeted by flaming torches and a dramatic entrance leading onto a candlelit hall. Once inside, it won't take long for guests to become mesmerised by breath-taking views of the Caribbean Sea. Dress Code Elegant evening attire and for men collared shirts are requested, Tailored shorts are accepted. . T-shirts & flip-flops are not accepted
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My wife and I eat at the Cove last night.
Very friendly attentive staff who sat us at the far left corner table with a great view of the bay.
The restaurant seems newish having a semi open air construction in a contemporary style.

The lighting is very low so the menus are backlit, cool touch.

However our table was almost in the dark so we had to use our phones sometimes to see what we were eating.

I had jumbo prawns to start which were excellent. I had sirloin steak as a main and for over $40 it was not good value.

My wife's starter was green lip muscles which she didn't think much of. However her white fish Mahai Mahai was excellent.

I have had far better steaks for half the price. But then again I have to set this against the food in general in the Caribbean which I have to say is not up to the same standard as Mauritius or the Maldives for example and the price is just as high.

I guess the Cove is about the best food and service you will get in the Caribbean.

Cocktails, wine and two courses for two came to around $170.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

The Cove is the new French restaurant at Blue Waters and is only open a few days of the week. The food is excellent in keeping with the rest of the hotel, and the view fabulous. Highly recommended

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The setting is lovely and the views beautiful!

The staff is warm and attentive! Decent wine list and Shane at the bar makes an awesome Cosmopolitan :)

Unfortunately, we weren't wowed by the food. While our steaks were good, it , along with the side offerings were EXTREMELY salty. A shame as it really is a lovely place!

I didn't feel it was worth the price but we had a lovely evening regardless.

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We were taken to dinner by a friend, stayed outside the resort. Location is gorgeous, food was good (the lobster was great) and cocktails tasty.

Service was also very good and we were sent sample appetizers from the chef, nice touch .

The hotel looks amazing as well. Overall would recommend.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed at blue waters so dining at the cove was always a lovely experience, the staff are excellent, every night we came down being on our ignored on we were always greeted as mr & Mrs rosie which was always a lovely touch, we were always luckily to have the sea view tables which you could sit for hours hearing and watching the sea very relaxing, the food was great, me being a plain eater and the menu being a bit fancy, nothing was ever a problem to just have steak and like mash potatoes, so id like to thank the chefs for this it made me very happy, I did try the coconut chicken with basmati rice I must say I loved it it was fresh, great. The waiting staff were all soo friendly and welcoming. Lovely place to dine.

1  Thank Girlofluxury