“A+” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Antigua V.I.P. Tours

Antigua V.I.P. Tours
Ranked #4 of 44 Tours in St. John's
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer you highly personalized land-based luxury tours in a comfortable air-conditioned environment. You'll get to sample the famous Antigua Black Pineapple, the sweetest pineapple in the world, taste Antigua's Cavalier Rum or Rum Punch, one of our well known local rums, and at lunch time taste the local cuisine prepared by locals while seeing the sites on Antigua. Let the Tour Guide know if there's anything special that you want to do.
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A+”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

It's funny sometimes when you meet somebody and in the first 5 mins of talking to them you just know what type of person they are . I was in Antigua on Jan 16, 2013 along with my wife and another couple, it was one of the ports-of-call on a 7 day cruise . That day we took a tour of the island along with about 10 or 12 other couples , which was supposed to last approx 3 hrs . That was going to give us plenty of time to go to the beach in the afternoon we thought ,, we were wrong . Over 5+ hours later we got back to the port , we had to be back on the ship by 4:30 not much time left for the beach. My wife and our friends did not want to take a chance missing the last boarding so they headed back to the ship , there wasn't that much time but i still wanted to see one of those famous beaches . That"s when i met Sean , i was looking for a cab to take me but nobody seemed interested as i was alone most wanted to charge me the same fare as a group $$$ . A nice man named ( Charles in charge) offered to help and flagged down a cab ( SEAN ) asked if he would take me ( Sean was on his way to get a hair cut ) Sean had other clients to take care of , but he made sure that i spent the little time i had left on his island enjoying Dickensons beach . He dropped me off , told me where he would pick me up and at what time . I made it back to the ship in time , had a short but nice time at the beach , all thanks to Sean . If you really want to see what this beautiful island is all about from a local guide Sean Weathered is the man for you . This guy is Honest & Passionate about is island . Thxs again Sean , till we meet again . Claude .

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Claude G

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great adventure with Sean!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Sean came highly recommended from a previous visitor to Antigua. He exceeded our expectations! He tailored our tour to match our interests. Tour was all inclusive. Lunch included local cuisine which was exceptional! He loves his homeland and wants to share it with you. He is personable, timely, and professional. He likes small groups. Very accomodating. Highly recommended.

2 Thank Beef O
St. John's, Antigua
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THE BEST!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I live in Antigua and had some friends come down from the US for a visit. I could have taken them around myself but my car was too small. I hired Sean for a day tour and it was the best idea I could have come up with for my friends. Sean took us everywhere we wanted to go, and I do mean everywhere, even the Donkey Sanctuary. He answered all our questions and knows much more about Antigua and its history than I could ever have provided. Sean clearly loves his island and has the perfect personality for his job. He was funny, engaging, enthusiastic, outgoing, informed, caring and PATIENT!! Thanks Sean for a wonderful time for me and my friends. It just could not have been any better. And thanks for introducing me to that wonderful restaurant Caribbean Taste that I had not known about. You are the BEST!!!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Marinole
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE AND WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I just recently celebrated our honeymoon in Antigua. I normally have the best intentions to comment on businesses and places I have visited but time always gets the best of me. After this tour I made a promise to myself that I would support this company and give my opinion.
First off let me say that I am a VERY frugal/resourceful woman. I must have a coupon, for sale sign, or a discount in order for me to buy something (drives my husband crazy but he loves me!). I was really hesitant on going on this tour but I did my research and it offered more than what the resort offered and I desired to learn as much history as possible.
Sean met my expectations over and beyond!!! He answered any and every question we had for him, I have so much respect for him, He loves his country and you could feel his passion in his words. He made sure we were always comfortable and needed for nothing. He even dealt with me trying to get my card to work at the ATM. (I forgot to call the bank about international travel) This tour was worth every penny and then some. Betty's Hope, Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley's Heights, the black pineapples, fresh coconut, the rainforest, Jolly's Harbour, Mt Obama, and I could name so much more. I can't say enough good things about this tour. Just go and enjoy. Especially the rum punch that's served! :)

Visited November 2012
5 Thank Paula G
Saint Louis, Missouri
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Simply awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had a wonderful time on a private day tour of Antigua with Sean while on a Caribbean cruise over the Thanksgiving week! Sean was referred to me by Elmo from Elmo Tours. I was encouraged to see the impressive reviews for Sean and VIP Tours on Tripadvisor. My wife and I were travelling with our two year old daughter and Sean ensured we had a memorable day. Sean is a great ambassador for the island- he gives you an amazing flavor of Antigua in a few hours and helps you appreciate the island and it's people, history and culture. He was extremely accomodating to our needs, took time upfront to understand what we would like to see, and took efforts to ensure our toddler was having fun too. Sean is an extremely friendly guy, and has a gift for connecting with people, knows his island inside out, and goes out of his way to ensure you leave with a full appreciation of his island 'paradise'. If you're looking for a tour of Antigua, look no further, We had some great tours on our stops during our cruise, but Antigua was the highlight of our trip - largely on account of Sean who made it come alive for us!

Visited November 2012