“'FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD'”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2012

To me, Antigua isn't Antigua unless I've visited Hemingway's Caribbean Cafe. Since 1993, I've been frequenting this fusion/Caribbean eaterie. What makes Hemmingway's enjoyable for me is the fact that it is in the heart of St John's, and you can take in the vibe of the town. And if you are lucky enough to be in Antigua for carnival, you can watch the parade from the balcony. I normally eat here in the day time, but on this occassion I wanted to try their evening menu, and I was pleasantly surprised how good it was.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Great place for a morning or afternoon stopover to watch the busy world of St John's pass by. Cool breeze along the green checked tablecloths. Loved the spicy chicken and the Lime Crush...really lip pursing. Guava Palava(a drink) equally enjoyable. Good choice on the menu, good service.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Our group had originally planned to eat elsewhere in St. John's (on Antigua) but were talked out of it by our favorite cab driver (Rufus). He told us to eat at Hemingways and we just took his word for it. The ambiance is cool and there is a fun balcony with the seats all overlooking the busy street below.

My husband and I are gluten free (I have Celiac) and were able to eat most things there. They were very versed into what ingredients were in each item we ordered and knew exactly what gluten was (and they were actually right!). The food was just wonderful and the service was outstanding. I would highly recommend this place, whether you are gluten free or not!

2  Thank Susan G
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Splendid place to while away an hour or even two. Wonderful cafe to sit on balcony and watch wonderful chaotic Antiguan life going on below. Situated on a wonderfully busy corner
an ideal place to have brunch or lunch or evening drink. BLT especially good and as for the rum punches!!! Everytime I am in Antigua I make sure we have a visit here.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

OMG the food was perfect, the service was great. the open aired balcony was very windy so we moved inside. THE FOOD Rocked