“Hidden Lunch Getaway!”

Cafe Bambula
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cafe BamBula is a resto-style garden situated in the heart of St.Johns offering a wide selection of French-Mediterranean cuisine.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I had a lovely lunch with my friend Vanessa Saturday after a shopping spree down in St. John. The hidden restaurant on Lower High Street Is a must for either lunch or dinner. We had Caesar Salads with blackened shrimp and chicken and it was out of this world. The ambience feels like you are sitting in a huge garden surrounded by Antigua plants! Thanks again for a wonderful lunch!

2  Thank TaraH1955

Reviewed June 4, 2013

OK, so it did come recommended by a local but I'm really glad we ate here. We had been shopping in town and were happy to find a place to just sit for a while, have lunch, escape the sun, and relax. Ellen, the hostess, was just lovely, as were the other staff. She made a point of chatting with all the tables. They bring you the menu and specials that are on chalk boards. The food was an interesting mix of Mediterranean with an island french flair. Definitely some Creole going on. Seating is outside, but in the shade and with the fans it really felt cool. They gave us each a complementary glass of rose. The old fashioned rum punch was great and probably the best of the trip. The food tasted fresh. We had the tomato, basil, and mozzarella salad, I had the stuffed crab back, and my friend had the escargot which she loved and kept asking for more bread to sop up all the extra goodness. We shared a few desserts which were refreshing as well. I would return.

4  Thank ellen5181
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Very small restaurant so need to book. Food & service exceptional. Whisper the King of Norway ate there recently!!

2  Thank Marilyn M
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were thrilled to find Cafe Bambula. After being horrified by the hoards of people from the cruise boats, we sought sanctuary at Cafe Bambula. The service was friendly and genuine. The food was good, too. Yes, it was moderately pricey, but you're on an island; what did you expect?

1  Thank dragonfly727
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I recently went to Cafe Bambula with some friends after reading the reviews. After reading so many great reviews I decided to try it again. Unfortunately I was mis-directed by the reviews in Trip Advisor.
This place is decorated poorly with no good sense of decoration or style. Things look rundown. The menu was just like the ambiance, food portions was small and my review says “Nothing Special”.