“Awesome!”

Caribbean Helicopters
Ranked #8 of 45 Tours in St. John's
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was in St. Johns for 1 day on a cruise. I did not book this trip through the cruise line but directly through CH as I was going to save $30. I was incredibly nervous about the flight over to Monserrat, but once we were up in the air and I got used to the air it was awesome! I would do it again in a heartbeat. The man who prepped us put me at ease and the Captain did check on me inflight as I was seated in the back. I will do this again when I am in St. John. The only thing i would change is that I would book through the cruise line instead. The price for a cab to the heliport was $15 each way not including tips so ultimately it ended up costing me more.. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Joey T
"awe inspiring"
"expensive trip"
"eye view"

Reviewed April 30, 2014

This was the best excursion ever! My husband and I took the helicopter trip to Barbuda along with another couple. We inquired about it at our resort and arranged everything through Indi at Caribbean Helicopters. We arrived at Caribbean Helicopters and were given a safety briefing and then a pilot took us to Barbuda; it was a 20 minute helicopter ride from Antigua. It was simply beautiful looking out at the Caribbean Sea while flying in the helicopter. Our pilot actually spotted whales in the sea and circled around, so we could get a closer look and take some pictures; it was simply amazing. There were two adults and a baby. The helicopter landed on Low Bay to drop us off, and the pilot said he would return in three hours.

After getting out of the helicopter all I could think was Wow! It was breathtaking; you can see the Caribbean Sea on one side and the Codrington Lagoon on the other. I couldn’t believe how beautiful the water looked; it was picture perfect. I never experienced anything like it before. We were greeted by a very nice gentleman named Jala. Jala offered us a beverage and provided us with lunch. Lunch included lobster, chicken or fish. I had the chicken, and my husband had the lobster (both dishes were very good). After lunch Jala took us on a small boat through the lagoon to the bird sanctuary where we saw Frigate birds. I am not that much into birds, but this was a cool thing to see. Jala was knowledgeable about the Frigate birds and provided all kinds of information about them. It was also cool to look into the water and see tons of different kinds of jellyfish.

After a visit to the bird sanctuary we headed back to the beach on Low Bay. The beaches of Barbuda are amazing…some appear to be a shade of pink because of pieces of seashells that have been washed up. It is so amazing to be able to walk and relax on a deserted beach. (I can’t even describe the scene to do it enough justice.)

On the way there my husband and I sat in the back and we had great views. On the way back from Barbuda I got to sit in the front with the pilot. Wow! What an experience…I thought my view was great before, this was even better. Then to top it off we saw the whales again!

Overall, I would definitely recommend this trip to others. It was quite an experience. Everyone at Caribbean Helicopters was friendly and professional. It was expensive, but so worth it in my opinion.

3  Thank clhOhio
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I took the helicopter tour to Montserrat but unfortunately got assigned the dreaded middle seat and despite the staff assurance that it would not affect my view it is very difficult to see much of anything due to the huge column in front of you and people taking leaning forward to take pictures on either side. Forget about being able to take any pictures yourself. If you are above 5'8'' you will need to keep you head bent down during the flight due to the decreased room in the middle.
When I took the trip, the headset was not working so I didn't hear any of the Pilot's commentary so really got nothing out of it for my money. I felt that not being able to hear or communicate with the pilot during an emergency was quite disturbing and did make me wonder how much maintenance they are doing. I complained strongly about these issues upon my return but there was no refund offered just a curt "sorry about that".
Unless you can guarantee you won't get the middle seat I'd strongly advice against using this company as it is just money wasted and could potentially be dangerous.
Finally note that they charge an extra 2% when paying by card!

9  Thank Nick H
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Myself and 2 friends took the chopper tour to Monsterrat Island, it was a real experience flying over the Caribbean ocean and seeing the ocean and island from a different view, the staff very professional and the safety briefing covered everything, the pilot Chris was great in informing the 3 of us everything about the island. I paid 331.00 Canadian on my visa (due to dollar being low) and it was well worth it.