“Don't miss this!”

Caribbean Helicopters
Ranked #7 of 42 Tours in St. John's
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I did the Montserrat tour in April 2011 - unbelivable. It was amazing to see and the pilot was great with the tour. Last week (Jan. 3, 2013) I did the full island tour. What a great way to see the island. Again, the pilot was so informative about what we were seeing. I'm so glad to have done it. Would highly recomment Caribbean Helicopters - tours are the best and the staff wonderful.

1  Thank 13Sharon

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We decided to take a trip for the new year and wow did we enjoy it! The flight takes c 50 mins for $250 which is pricey but worth it! You'll get incredible views of modern day pompeii at montserrat and the pilot has great stories to entertain you all the way while being awed by stunning views. He flies researchers up and down as well so he has first hand stories about the eruption and its devastation. Don't miss a quick chat with the ppl at the office as they are very entertaining. Great customer service, quick and easy reservations, highly recommended

1  Thank Rob S
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Just the 4 of us taking this trip from our cruise - US$199pp, not sure if that's good or not but definitely no regrets.
Weighed before getting in for an even distribution, my wife was petrified as being the lightest was in the front with the pilot. Goldfish bowl....
A comprehensive tour of all the 365 (or more) beaches around Antigua, the pilot was very informative &, even though must have said so 100 times, sounded genuinely enthusiastic about his home explaining where & when he took his family during the week. Playing golf with VIv Richards was really impressive :)
We chatted over the intercom/headset during the trip & flew as close as we could to Stingray City, where you could see the animals being fed by tourists.
Save up & go on this trip - you WONT regret it !!!

1  Thank saxondean
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This tour is a must do if you are in Antigua! You get a once in a lifetime opportunity to get up close to an active Volcano. You also get a birds eye view of the destruction that a volcano can cause. I must admit that when I booked this tour I expected to get taken flown around Montserrat with not much input from the pilot. I was blown away at how knowledgeable the pilot was both with the history and the physics of the Volcano. It was interesting to learn that the pilots frequently work with the scientists stationed on Montserrat.

1  Thank Ryan W
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We took the trip to Montserrat - the journey there was beautiful, seeing the island of Antigua and all the stunning bays and beaches as you fly over. Arriving at Montserrat it was breathtaking going up so close to the volcano, and fascinating to see how the previous eruptions had affected the landscape, and of course devastated the local area. The pilot was really interesting and told us lots of the history of the island and the volcano. Flying back to Antigua gave us again stunning views of the Caribbean Sea and beaches. I've done helicopter sightseeing trips before, but this is unique.
I was disappointed to not be sitting with my boyfriend, I'd go again but I'd pay for 4 seats so we could be sure of being together. Neither of the other couple on the trip wanted to sit up front either, and someone has to of course.

1  Thank fulltimeholidayer