“So good I went back for a second class in the same holiday ”
Review of Nicole's Table

and up
Nicole's Table - Cooking with Rum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Nicole's Table offers Caribbean cookery classes that twist local flavors with outside influences. It includes such titles as Cooking with Rum, Coordinating Curries, From the Sea, and All About Jerk although we do offer customized classes upon request. Classes are small, hands-on or laid back... your choice. They last 3-4 hours and are offered in our local eco-friendly Caribbean home which is full of Caribbean stories, local foods and flavours. Come visit our home in Antigua to learn how to cook with a Caribbean flair. Eat, drink, have fun and meet new friends while you enjoy a breathless view of the Caribbean Sea.
Reviewed October 11, 2016 via mobile

From the moment you walk into the house you're welcomed with open arms and it's as if you have known Nicole, Adam and Connie for years. Conversation flows and there are plenty of laughs along the way. The recipes are easy to follow and Nicole talks you through each part step my step. Once all the food is cooked it's a real treat to sit down all together and eat the food looking at beautiful blue sea.
I will be testing out the recipes over the next few weeks and will let you know how it goes.
I had such a great time at the first class that myself and my friend went back for a second class in the second week of our holiday. The first class was the jerk class joined by a lovely couple from the States and our second class was the curry class with a lovely lady from the UK. On my next trip I will definitely be back for the rum class!!!
All round I would recommend the class to anyone visiting Antigua. Whatever your age (a mixture of ages in both classes we attended), whether you're with your partner, with your friends or on your own it's a lot of fun and something different to return home and say you did on your holiday and so so worth it!! I will be back. Thank you all for welcoming me into your home and teaching me such great recipes and thank you as well to the other guests that made both classes so fantastic. I haven't laughed that much in ages and the rum punch is to die for too!!

Caribbean_Cooking, Owner at Nicole's Table, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2016

Wow! Daisy... Thank you for such a great review! We are are pleased that you had such a good time. And, yes, there were a lot of laughs to go around. You and Isla were a treat to have in our home and we will welcome you back at any time in the future.

Some of those photos of you and Wanda were hilarious! In fact, Wanda did a review just prior to yours so it is good to know you both enjoyed yourselves.

Please send images or questions when you try out the recipes!

Nicole, Adam, and Connie

"learning how"
"cooking tips"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed October 8, 2016

My husband and I were skeptical at first since we found out class was at Nicole and Adam's house. Once we arrived the warmth and friendliness of Nicole, Connie and Adam was great. We started with the jerk chicken marinade and then moved on to making the cake, plantains and more. It was a great experience learning some great tips to make these items. We made the plantains and the rum punch upon our return home and will be using the recipes to make our Thanksgiving dinner. I think since we had so much leftover food, we should have been offered to take some back to the resort with us. I did asked for the plantains and rum cake but with the price it would have been nice to have that meal for dinner. Overall class was great, especially preparing the jerk chicken and rum cake. Giving us the recipes to take home was an added plus. Thanks Nicole and Adam for a great experience and being so welcoming in your home. Cheers Tal and Wanda

Wanda... Thank you for the review! We love the idea of you trying out the recipes on Thanksgiving... that should be fun. Please send photos or contact us if you have any questions. Regarding taking food with you, that was a misunderstanding. We thought you took what you wanted. Usually people in all-inclusives don't take food with them. If you come again, we can make sure you take leftovers back with you.

Please ask Talvin to send the biscuit recipe. I would love to give it a try and I know Zoe would love to eat them since she has a great love for a good biscuit.

Nicole (and Adam)

Reviewed September 21, 2016 via mobile

My partner Matt surprised me with a cooking class at Nicole's Table. We pulled up and was welcomed into Nicole & Adam's beautiful home, we then cooked the most amazing Jerk Chicken, Coconut Rice, coconut chips and Plantain Chips (which are to die for) and loads more with Nicole and Connie. I cannot recommend doing this class enough, a really enjoyable experience!! Next time we are in Antigua I think we will be trying the cooking with rum class
Thank you Nicole & Adam for inviting us into your home. And Thank you Nicole and Connie for teaching me the impossible of how to cook, I cannot wait to start cooking at home X

Caribbean_Cooking, Owner at Nicole's Table, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2016

A big fat "You're welcome!" Matt and Leah! It was wonderful having you visit and cook up a great lunch for all of us. You two were good students and fit in well with a laid back West Indian style rather quickly. Would love to some day visit your pub in England... perhaps some day. And, Matt, we hope your Mom liked the recipes!

Nicole, Adam and Connie

Reviewed July 18, 2016

We were there for the Jerk cooking class. We did hands on food prep and followed really relatively simple recipes. Items were fresh and received good cooking tips. We enjoyed a lovely meal in their beutiful home on the top of a mountain that has ocean views on both sides. Highly recommend this experience!!

Caribbean_Cooking, Owner at Nicole's Table, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2016

Thank you for the review and graduating our high hill into a mountain! ;-)

Please give the recipes a try and contact us if you have any questions. Otherwise, please send or post photos.

All the best and hope to see you again!

Nicole

See more reviews
Reviewed July 18, 2016 via mobile

Booked the jerk class. It ended up being just the two of us. What a delight. Nicole makes you feel so welcome into her kitchen. We started immediately cooking the food for our lunch. Jerk chicken, beans and rice, plantains with a delightful dipping sauce and coconut custard tart! Excellent and we took the recipes home. It was a great local experience . Connie and Nicole just make you feel at home. If you prefer the non traditional tourist experience this is the place to go

Thank you for a great review! Now that your recipes are at home with you, please feel free to whip up some Caribbean tastes at home so you can entertain your friends. When you do take up that adventure, please feel free to contact us with questions either via email, TripAdvisor, or Facebook. Oh, and please don't forget photos. We love to see photos and hear your stories at home!

Nicole (and Connie)