“Back for another cooking class!”
Review of Nicole's Table

and up
Nicole's Table - All about Jerk
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Nicole's Table offers Caribbean cookery classes that twist local flavors with outside influences. It includes such titles as Cooking with Rum, Coordinating Curries, From the Sea, and All About Jerk although we do offer customized classes upon request. Classes are small, hands-on or laid back... your choice. They last 3-4 hours and are offered in our local eco-friendly Caribbean home which is full of Caribbean stories, local foods and flavours. Come visit our home in Antigua to learn how to cook with a Caribbean flair. Eat, drink, have fun and meet new friends while you enjoy a breathless view of the Caribbean Sea.
Reviewed April 26, 2016

In October 2014 we experienced our first cooking class with Nicole, so when we found we were going to be back in Antigua, there was not doubt, we were doing it again. We enjoyed our day and really didn't want to leave. (Darn pesky taxi driver! insisting we had to leave to catch the boat...). As always the food was so much fun to prepare, (sorry to run you out of the kitchen Connie!!! But the blackened Maui Maui was amazing). We really missed seeing Adam this trip, we'll have to do it again soon. The recipes are alway fun and so good. Plus just spending the day with Nicole and Connie you feel like you are family and at home.

Caribbean_Cooking, Owner at Nicole's Table, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2016

Tracey-

It was ABSOLUTELY wonderful seeing you and Lynda again! Thank you VERY much for coming back for another class. Adam wants you to know that he missed you two as well, but insists that we have to sync schedules if you come again. ;-)

Please let me know if you try any of the recipes or need help with them. I love to hear from people who do the work at home.

Please also look at our FB page. I expect to be offering some live video in the near future doing a twist on cooking recipes that are selected from Nicole's Table followers.

All the best!

Nicole, Connie (and Adam)

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"cooking tips"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed April 21, 2016

All the other reviews say it all...what a fantastic day and experience. Wonderful views and Nicole, Adam and Connie really made us welcome.
We experienced the fish cookery and learnt new skills which we will be trying out once our kitchen has been refitted!
Many thanks for the use of the knife sharpener, Nicole!
Best wishes, hope to revisit next year(we'll get the bus and not rely on the taxi-most embarrassing!)

Caribbean_Cooking, Owner at Nicole's Table, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2016

Thanks for the great review Diane! Please look us up next time you return. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Antigua with your friends. Let us know if you want any of the photos we took while you were here and please also send photos when your kitchen is finished.

All the best!

Nicole, Adam and Connie

Reviewed April 17, 2016 via mobile

Had the pleasure of attending a class with Nicole and Adam a couple days ago and all I can say is, if you like to cook and meet some wonderful people while in Antigua, then you need to attend a class! You didn't just show up and cook food, but you felt like family and friends in a kitchen telling stories and just having a wonderful time. We can't wait to attend another class!

Caribbean_Cooking, Owner at Nicole's Table, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2016

Steve and Brandy-

You two did fit in well and Brandy did an excellent job with the Snapper Imperial. Please let us know if you try out the recipes when you get back home and don't hesitate to ask questions if you do.

Hope to see the two of you again in the near future,

Reviewed April 16, 2016

We stayed at Sandals but wanted a more local experience. I saw that Nicole's Table was highly rated on trip advisor and my wife and I signed up for Caribbean Curry. We had a great time learning how to make the curries talking to Nicole, her husband, their two lovely children and the mother and daughter from St. John that joined us. Connie Nicole's assistant was also lovely and encouraging. The dinner we ate was fantastic and we now have the recipes to come home with. It was a like a home cooked dinner with friends. We cooked curry chicken, coconut spinach, roti's and a coconut dessert. Highly recommend this!

1  Thank heychuk
Caribbean_Cooking, Owner at Nicole's Table, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2016

Greg and Vesta-

Thanks for stopping by! We had not done a Coordinating Curry class for a little while since the seafood class has been grabbing people's attention. It was good fun making the roti and having some good old fashioned chicken curry.

Please look us up next time you are on island!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 11, 2016

My friend and I had booked this class through Royal Caribbean, but the cruise ship cancelled on us because we were the only 2 that signed up. We were extremely bummed but got in contact with Nicole immediately. Her and her husband Adam told us we could still come for the class and explained how to get there via taxi. Once we were there, we were greeted and welcomed in to relax and have some fresh juice or water. We did the "Cooking with Rum" class and we made fresh coconut chips (ridiculously addictive!), plantain chips, sweet potato soup, rice and beans, bacon wrapped plantains, rum raisin bread putting, marinated flank steak w/ onion jam, and a tasty salad. After the cooking was done, we got to enjoy Nicole's rum punch which was the freshest I've ever had and can't wait to make it here at home. After that, Adam gave us a rum tasting and information about each one. Since I am a bourbon drinker, he offered some special selections he'd think I'd love. And I did! It was nice and personalized. We really enjoyed chatting with them and getting to know them as we cooked. Nicole's assistant, Connie, was super nice and so helpful keeping everything on track for us to finish by the allotted time. We then enjoyed out feast together overlooking the water. I am so grateful to have met Nicole and Adam and had such an amazing experience. If and when I make it back to Antigua...I am 100% going to go back. If you're going to Antigua....don't miss this! In fact, I wish I could stop in and see them as friends regularly.

Caribbean_Cooking, Owner at Nicole's Table, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2016

Lauren-

Thank you for the wonderful review and all those photos! Now that you made it through the class, please go home and cook up a storm. If you get stuck, feel free to contact me either through TripAdvisor, FB or email. And, if you do come back, we would love to see you again. Finally, Adam wanted me to send you the names of the rums you liked... There was the English Harbour 10 and you particularly liked the El Dorado 12. He said you should also try the El Dorado 15. If you like the 12, you are very likely going to enjoy the 15.

All the best,