“Great evening with a wonderful family”
Review of Nicole's Table

and up
Nicole's Table - Cooking with Rum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Nicole's Table offers Caribbean cookery classes that twist local flavors with outside influences. It includes such titles as Cooking with Rum, Coordinating Curries, From the Sea, and All About Jerk although we do offer customized classes upon request. Classes are small, hands-on or laid back... your choice. They last 3-4 hours and are offered in our local eco-friendly Caribbean home which is full of Caribbean stories, local foods and flavours. Come visit our home in Antigua to learn how to cook with a Caribbean flair. Eat, drink, have fun and meet new friends while you enjoy a breathless view of the Caribbean Sea.
Reviewed April 16, 2016

We stayed at Sandals but wanted a more local experience. I saw that Nicole's Table was highly rated on trip advisor and my wife and I signed up for Caribbean Curry. We had a great time learning how to make the curries talking to Nicole, her husband, their two lovely children and the mother and daughter from St. John that joined us. Connie Nicole's assistant was also lovely and encouraging. The dinner we ate was fantastic and we now have the recipes to come home with. It was a like a home cooked dinner with friends. We cooked curry chicken, coconut spinach, roti's and a coconut dessert. Highly recommend this!

1  Thank heychuk
Caribbean_Cooking, Owner at Nicole's Table, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2016

Greg and Vesta-

Thanks for stopping by! We had not done a Coordinating Curry class for a little while since the seafood class has been grabbing people's attention. It was good fun making the roti and having some good old fashioned chicken curry.

Please look us up next time you are on island!

All reviews
"learning how"
"cooking tips"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed April 11, 2016

My friend and I had booked this class through Royal Caribbean, but the cruise ship cancelled on us because we were the only 2 that signed up. We were extremely bummed but got in contact with Nicole immediately. Her and her husband Adam told us we could still come for the class and explained how to get there via taxi. Once we were there, we were greeted and welcomed in to relax and have some fresh juice or water. We did the "Cooking with Rum" class and we made fresh coconut chips (ridiculously addictive!), plantain chips, sweet potato soup, rice and beans, bacon wrapped plantains, rum raisin bread putting, marinated flank steak w/ onion jam, and a tasty salad. After the cooking was done, we got to enjoy Nicole's rum punch which was the freshest I've ever had and can't wait to make it here at home. After that, Adam gave us a rum tasting and information about each one. Since I am a bourbon drinker, he offered some special selections he'd think I'd love. And I did! It was nice and personalized. We really enjoyed chatting with them and getting to know them as we cooked. Nicole's assistant, Connie, was super nice and so helpful keeping everything on track for us to finish by the allotted time. We then enjoyed out feast together overlooking the water. I am so grateful to have met Nicole and Adam and had such an amazing experience. If and when I make it back to Antigua...I am 100% going to go back. If you're going to Antigua....don't miss this! In fact, I wish I could stop in and see them as friends regularly.

Caribbean_Cooking, Owner at Nicole's Table, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2016

Lauren-

Thank you for the wonderful review and all those photos! Now that you made it through the class, please go home and cook up a storm. If you get stuck, feel free to contact me either through TripAdvisor, FB or email. And, if you do come back, we would love to see you again. Finally, Adam wanted me to send you the names of the rums you liked... There was the English Harbour 10 and you particularly liked the El Dorado 12. He said you should also try the El Dorado 15. If you like the 12, you are very likely going to enjoy the 15.

Reviewed April 11, 2016 via mobile

My brother and I booked our class. My brother usually attends a cooking school where ever he travels. This was a first for me. It was educational with recipes easy to follow. Loved the relaxed atmosphere. Adam, Nicole, and Connie kudos, I can now impress my family with what I learned

Caribbean_Cooking, Owner at Nicole's Table, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2016

Kathy (and Chuck)-

A very big THANK YOU from us! We had a great time too. Come back any time and please let us know how it goes when you "impress" your family.

All the best!

Nicole (and Adam and Connie)

Reviewed April 10, 2016

Nicole's cooking class is delightful! My mother and I signed up for the "from the sea" class. In seeing the coconut tart on our menu, I told Nicole that trying to make pastry was the only thing that has brought me to tears in the kitchen. She promised me that the base for the tart would be easy and delicious. And she was right! The class is informative and fun (the approx 4 hours flew by) and her terrace provided a great view while we enjoyed the delicious "fruits of our labor',eg, crispy wontons with grilled shrimp and avocado, bacon wrapped plantains, grilled mahi-mahi with pineapple salsa, coconut tart and there was more too! I plan to replicate the meal at home because recipes are easy to follow, the techniques straightforward, and ingredients are readily available. Hats off to Connie, her assistant, for trying to teach me how to separate the coconut from its shell and her husband Adam for his lively conversation. Highly recommend.

Caribbean_Cooking, Owner at Nicole's Table, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2016

Cheryl and "Momma Jo Anne"...

Please come back any time! We were amazed at how well your 91 year old mother did in the class. Jo Anne is living proof that age can be but a number.

When you try out the recipes at home, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions and please post photos.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 10, 2016

We were registered to attend Nicole's Table through our cruise excursion but it was cancelled due to small attendance (just my friend and I) so we decided to go on our own. And we were SO glad that we did! This was a culinary adventure with so many tasty foods. We did the Cooking with Rum class and everything was delicious. And everything we made would be easy to recreate at home. I was so glad that we had been in touch with Nicole prior to the trip so that we were able to get directions as the cruise excursion had included transportation and now we needed to travel on our own! This is well worth the trip. Highlights include great food, excellent conversation and beautiful views. I felt like I was a family friend invited to dinner!

Thank you for the the great review Lisa-

We too are glad that you were able to come despite the cancellation. Adam is still claiming Chris should get major points for not giving up. Of course, that might just be one husband trying to help another. ;-)

Thanks for all the fun and great conversation! Please look us up next time you return.

Adam and Nicole