“Delicious, delightful day with Chef Nicole! A Must-Do!”
Review of Nicole's Table

Nicole's Table
More attraction details
Owner description: Nicole's Table offers 2 types of cooking classes in Antigua: Caribbean "twist" classes for visitors and a "cooking club" for locals (to explore cuisines from Thai to Greek). Our Caribbean cookery classes twist local flavors with outside influences and include such titles as Cooking with Rum, Coordinating Curries, From the Sea, and All About Jerk... Come to our home in Antigua to learn how to cook. Eat, drink, have fun and meet new friends while you enjoy a breathless view of the Caribbean...
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We were in Antigua on a cruise, and so had only one day to do something special. My husband is a chef (and I'm his "foodie wife" LOL), and we are SO glad we spent our day with Chef Nicole at Nicole's Table! We did her "Cooking With Rum" class, and we learned to make dishes that were so delicious that my husband has added several of them (with credit, of course!) to the menu at our Inn in West Virginia! Nicole is charming and fun, and an excellent teacher, as well as chef, the rum tasting she let me do was excellent- and a real learning experience!- and her home is magnificent; the view of the sea and islands and flowers from her patio, while we ate the lunch we'd prepared, was spectacular! We learned much about Antigua and Montserrat, and it was a truly great day! Like all good things it was way too short, and we so hope we get to return and do more classes with her! We have treated several Very lucky guests to her rum-marinated steak, bacon-wrapped plantains, and her totally fabulous pumpkin soup with rum and toasted coconut!

1  Thank elissejo

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We took Nicole's Cooking with Rum class during our visit to Antigua - a fantastic choice!! Nicole and her husband, Adam, create a great atmosphere that's more like cooking with good friends and family than just another dry cooking lesson. They were very generous with their knowledge of local rums (and the rum itself!) and how best to use them in the simple and delicious recipes they have for you.

Eating dinner on their back patio with the gorgeous views over St John's was a wonderful way to end the evening, too.

Nicole's Table was a truly great experience and we would recommend it to anyone looking to do something uniquely non-touristy while on Antiqua.

Caribbean_Cooking, Owner at Nicole's Table, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you. It was great hanging out with the two of you as well, cooking, and catching up on Baltimore.

Please look us up next time you visit whether for a quick visit or a class.

All the best,

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We spent four hours with Nicole learning to "cook with rum." Nicole was knowledgeable, funny, and welcoming. We helped cook while chatting and sipping rum punch. Her husband Adam even gave us a rum tasting. We are looking forward to trying some of her recipes on our friends .. if only we could get plantains. The baconwrapped plantains were amazing.

In our three week trip to the Caribbean it was a highlight to visit a private home and be made to feel so welcome. I highly recommend this experience to anyone interested in cooking, a great meal, or just a unique experience. Thanks Nicole!!

Thank you! Please come back and look us up again even if you don't do a class. Adam sends his thanks about the information regarding Nova Scotia and the rum trade.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We really enjoyed our cooking class with Nicole, a class she offered even though there were only two of us.

For three hours we were taken through a hands on-class that taught us the preparation of curried chicken, roti, plantain "pumpkin" (we would call it squash), coconut milk from a raw coconut, coconut and spinach soup, a salted coconut snack, finishing with incredible coconut custard tarts.

She offered her knowledge of cooking, the history of several of the dishes, as well as tidbits about life on the island.

We then ate on her veranda, which offers a fabulous hillside view of the sea.

Of the three activities we choose during our week in Antigua, this was the most interesting, and the most memorable. We are already planning to use a couple of the recipes this weekend.

Caribbean_Cooking, Owner at Nicole's Table, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you Emile! I had a great time as well. It is always great fun when visitors like to get their hands in the mix of things and help prepare the meal themselves.

Please let me know how the recipes pan out. Send pictures!!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

This review is well overdue, but worth the acknowledgment. I took both classes last May 2011 and wanted to give praises to Nicole's Table. I took the cooking with rum class along with a couple, so it felt warm and intimate. The rum punch opener was excellent and the food was excellent. Until today I make the plantains wrapped in bacon (turkey version), and my daughter loves it. I returned two days later for cooking with curry and was allowed to bring my four year old daughter who got to play and swim with Nicole and Adam's daughters while I cooked with a half a dozen others. It was fun and festive. Learning to make roti skin was easier than I thought and the tips from cutlery to cookware were great. An added bonus is the gorgeous view of St. Kitts as the sun sets while eating dinner. As an annual traveller to Antigua I am looking forward to attend both classes to learn new recipes when i go again. As I get older and want to do different things on Antigua this will definitely be one of my spots to go when visiting beautiful Antigua. Thanks again to NICOLE, ADAM AND CONNIE. PS Nicole makes tamarind and tomato chutney for purchase. I took it back to New York and my friend loved it.

1  Thank Tafari27
Caribbean_Cooking, Owner at Nicole's Table, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you!!! Making the roti skins is always great fun and things worked out perfectly with your daughter and my girls.

I look forward to your return to Antigua. Don't forget to contact us.