The Villas at Sunset Lane
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$220
$165
$162
$145
  • Breakfast included
Dickenson Bay Cottages(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$102
Ocean Point Resort & Spa(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$160
Antigua Village(St. John's)
$153
Antigua's Yepton Estate Cottages(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$285
$138
Jumby Bay Island(St. John's)
$1,175
Jumby Bay
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsboutique hotelrum punchdickenson bayhome away from homeexcellent hospitalitylovely boutiqueshort walk to the beachbeautiful poolholiday experiencebedroom and bathroomjet skiingrooms are largejerk chickengreat beachjacquiantiguaisland
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the last week of January. We stayed in suite # 4 which was spotless and very comfortable.

Jackies incredible warmth and hospitality are mentioned in most reviews but allow me to elaborate on just how far she goes to ensure her guests are happy:

1. Our flight was several hours late and Ryan still managed to pick us up quickly.

2. One piece of our luggage was lost and Jackie literally offered me clothes and sandals out of her own closet.

3. When my husband didn't feel his best she produced wonderful homemade chicken soup and continued to ensure the following day that he was on the mend.

4. Wonderful treats for my husbands birthday included complimentary massages for BOTH of us, a phenomenal dinner of beef shanks and red velvet cake to top it off!

5. We were sent off to the airport with not only hugs and smiles but chicken salad sandwiches " just in case" we got hungry.

6. Finally, I absent mindedly forgot my sweater in the car as we left. Jackie immediately let me know they had it and that they would mail it to me.

The Villas is a very unique intimate boutique hotel. You will be well cared for.

Many thanks, once again, to Jackie and Ryan for everything.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank klageman
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The Villas at Sunset Lane is exceptional. The Villa itself is comfortable, but what makes it exceptional is the service, and the food.

It is in a residential area. There are no live bands, or pool staff trying to get you to dance, or play poolside bingo. It is very quite here, probably too quite for some. The entertainment is whatever you derive from interacting with the staff and your fellow guests. It is like living in a private villa, in which you are a guest. And that, I sense, is intended.

The rooms are clean, well appointed, and they look like new. The best view is from the patio off the dining room – every guest gets that view.

A tip for wine lovers: As stated, the food is exception. But the included wine is not, and there is no choice. If you enjoy decent wine with an outstanding dinner, then get Ryan to drive you to the liquor store (the Villa will drive you wherever you want to go, and like the food, it is included in the room price). Then give your wine to the Villa. They will serve it to you, white wine in an ice bucket at your table, the whole nine yards.

The Villa is not on the beach. But Ryan will drive you, and pick you up. My wife preferred to walk down (less than 10 minutes) and have Ryan drive her back. Personally, I found the beach stuffed to the high-tide mark with cruise ship passengers, hauled in by the bus load. I preferred the Villa’s pool, with a cold Wadadli in hand, and a sense of having arrived.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank getme2abeach
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We searched and searched for the places we wanted to stay for our holiday to Antigua. We wanted a bit of luxury and a bit of authentic Antigua so first we chose Villas at Sunset Lane for the authentic part as we could see that we would experience the real island feeling as well as learn where to go/not to go from Jackie and Ryan. First mistake, we got all of what we expected at the Villas but the luxury was here also and despite going to "The Inn at English Harbour" for the second " luxury" part of our trip, after Jackie's cooking and overall hospitality of Jackie and her team we were never going to top this experience. I could go on and list all of the fantastic food we enjoyed and talk about the best Rum punch on Antigua but everyone has already said that and more. This is friendliest, cleanest, most welcoming hotel we have ever stayed at anywhere in the world and we have travelled a lot of places and paid much higher rates to stay at a lot less comfortable hotels. Food, we have never tasted food which makes your mouth go "zing" and "pop" and all those other superlative words that cooking critics come out with. We felt "smug" that we had been able to enjoy this superb food hosted by the wonderful Jackie.

Room Tip: Jackie has 2 rooms with lovely big beds and jacuzzi hotubs which are probably the ones to go for but all are comfortable and all will feel like home in paradise once Jackie and here team work their magic. See our review of The Inn at English Harbour the other side of our Antiguan experience.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John D
Reviewed December 28, 2012

From the moment we began planning our trip to Antigua, Jackie treated us like treasured members of her family. She advised us on our plans, arranged for a charter boat excursion and made sure that our Antigua experience was beyond perfect! Ryan met us at the airport with some paperwork that we needed and took us anywhere we needed to go - and even got us into exclusive places that tourists don't generally get to see! Evelyn took care of us with great warmth and good humor - getting us a cold drink or a sandwich before we even knew we wanted it!

The rooms are beautiful and comfortable with spacious baths and lovely views. The air conditioning is individually controlled in each unit, but we always slept with the (screened) windows open for the wonderful night breeze.

The beautiful beach is about a 5 minute downhill walk, and a 10 minute walk back up the gentle inclined hillside - but Ryan is always available to give you a lift if you are feeling lazy. There are chairs on the beach for reading, nice little bars for a cool drink and we were never hassled by anyone on the beach! Everyone was friendly and eager to help us have the best experience.

Ryan took me into St. John's to shop one afternoon and I had a great time exploring the little touristy shops and street vendors. Without exception, the vendors were friendly and never pushy. I felt totally at ease shopping alone for little gifts for friends at home. Ryan also took us to the other side of the island one afternoon for a great lobster lunch on the beach. We felt comfortable, safe and welcome wherever we went.

But the star of all Antigua is Jackie! There are almost no words to express how warm, welcoming and wonderful Jackie is! She made sure we wore the right shoes for the adventure of the day, packed sandwiches for our lunch at the beach, gave us a cooking class, reminded us to apply mosquito repellent (although the mosquitos are worse in Wisconsin than in Antigua!!), filled our tummies with gourmet meals, and filled our hearts with happiness.

We wanted to stay forever! Thank you Jackie, Ryan & Evelyn for taking such good care of us. We will be back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoanneMLeslie
Reviewed December 11, 2012

A small but very special place. Very close to the beach, but up the hillside with a spectacular view!
Jackie the owner also is a wonderful chef and had special fresh meals daily! Ryan had my coffee ready every morning and only needed to be asked once(open the blinds and it was there in minutes). Ryan drove us wherever we wanted and got us there safe even though people drove crazy there. Jackie took care of all our special needs and arranged whatever we needed., I also want to thank Evelyn who cleaned the suite and helped at meals. We will miss talking with you while we had our coffee on the balcony. I hope your little one is feeling better.. We already miss you guys! (and the FOOD!)

Room Tip: The suites were large and had a complete kitchen that we never had to use. The other smaller rooms were decorated very nice. I really like the blue room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family