The Villas at Sunset Lane is exceptional. The Villa itself is comfortable, but what makes it exceptional is the service, and the food.
It is in a residential area. There are no live bands, or pool staff trying to get you to dance, or play poolside bingo. It is very quite here, probably too quite for some. The entertainment is whatever you derive from interacting with the staff and your fellow guests. It is like living in a private villa, in which you are a guest. And that, I sense, is intended.
The rooms are clean, well appointed, and they look like new. The best view is from the patio off the dining room – every guest gets that view.
A tip for wine lovers: As stated, the food is exception. But the included wine is not, and there is no choice. If you enjoy decent wine with an outstanding dinner, then get Ryan to drive you to the liquor store (the Villa will drive you wherever you want to go, and like the food, it is included in the room price). Then give your wine to the Villa. They will serve it to you, white wine in an ice bucket at your table, the whole nine yards.
The Villa is not on the beach. But Ryan will drive you, and pick you up. My wife preferred to walk down (less than 10 minutes) and have Ryan drive her back. Personally, I found the beach stuffed to the high-tide mark with cruise ship passengers, hauled in by the bus load. I preferred the Villa’s pool, with a cold Wadadli in hand, and a sense of having arrived.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villas at Sunset Lane is Antigua's #1 All-Inclusive Boutique Hotel located on the beautiful island of Antigua. Your slice of paradise awaits you with open arms along with Jackie, who can't wait to personally welcome you to the Villas at Sunset Lane tucked away on a hillside overlooking one of Antigua's most scenic beaches - Dickenson Bay. This 10 Room Boutique Hotel is just minutes away from St. John's (Antigua's Capital) and a 5 minute stroll to one of the most attractive beaches (Dickinson Bay) on the northwestern side of the island. From the time the first sunbeam shimmers on your face to the last sip of your final cocktail, you are guaranteed to have the perfect relaxing Caribbean vacation with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Villas at Sunset Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas At Sunset Lane Hotel St. John`s
- The Villas At Sunset Lane Antigua/Saint John Parish