The Villas at Sunset Lane
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Trade Winds Hotel(St. John's)
Antigua Village(St. John's)
Very Good 4/5
    Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)
    Good 3.5/5
    • Restaurant
    Very Good 4/5
    Coconut Beach Club(St. John's)
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewsboutique hotelrum punchdickenson bayhome away from homeexcellent hospitalitylovely boutiqueshort walk to the beachbeautiful poolcar rentalholiday experiencewatch tvbedroom and bathroomjet skiingrooms are largejerk chickengreat beachjacqui
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed January 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent 4 nights at The Villas at Sunset Lane on our vacation to Antigua. We could not have picked a more relaxing and accomodating place to stay.
    We were first greeted by a breathtaking view of the island upon entry to the lobby and then Jackie emerged smiling ear to ear from the kitchen. She immediately offered us some ice-cold rum punch. She said she knew that we would be hungry after all the traveling and told us our lunch was ready when we were. After a tour of our room by Ryan, we went back to enjoy our lunch.
    I am a picky eater and a vegetarian and my boyfriend will eat anything and is very carnivorous. Somehow, Jackie managed to pull off this dynamic exquisitely at every meal-time. I cannot express how amazing her cooking is and how much I miss it now that I am home. She had a pot of hot coffee ready every morning and there was always ice-cold water available. There was always rum-punch and wine available to us in the afternoon and evenings.
    Jackie is very thorough and so when we weren't always completely prepared, she was! She let us borrow some bugspray to use about the island. (We didn't have too much trouble with bugs, just a few mosquitos) She also let us borrow a travel guide for Antigua as well as a map which proved to be incredibly helpful since we rented a car and wanted to do various activities around the island. She recommended taking a catamaran ride on the "Excellence" which circumnavigated the island. We enjoyed this immensely and Jackie set the whole trip up for us at a much discounted price. She also dropped us off and picked us up!
    I highly recommend staying with Jackie at The Villas At Sunset Lane. You won't find a better value for the price or feel as pampered anywhere else.
    The island of Antigua is an incredible place to visit. We enjoyed soft white sand beaches, warm sun and ocean, snorkeling, diving, horse-back riding, catamaran cruising and feeding stingrays at Stingray City. Please visit this enchanting place.

***Our favorite beach destination was Half Moon Bay Beach. We enjoyed Smiling Harry's Bar here for lunch as well as drinks for the beach.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank Kristine L
    Reviewed January 7, 2012

I am go glad I consulted Trip Advisor when Ii wanted to go to Antigua. Your rating of the Villas at Sunset Lane was right on target!! I had some concerns initially because I had some dietary restrictions but Jackie, the owner and chef, more than met my dietary needs. Not only were my needs met but the food was fresh, wholesome and delicious. I want with Jackie to the farm and fish market. All our meals were fresh and wonderful.
    Th hotel was luxurious Caribbean and very clean. It is situated on a hill where you can see the water and the glorious sunsets. The beach was approximately 5-8 away from the hotel when walking. I explored many of the attractions on Antigua and Barbuda and spent a lot of time on the beaches, especially the nearby beach.
    Jackie and her staff, especially Ryan and Mrs T. were very attentive and made this the most stress free and delightful vacation I have had in years. In February I spend a week at a large, all inclusive resort in the Dominican but will return to The Villlas Next year.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
    6  Thank Margaret B
    Reviewed December 28, 2011

My wife and i stayed for a week in December after spending two weeks on a charter yacht and
    well ready for a relaxing time. Jacqui was amazing and would prepare superb food for us.
    She also organised a hire car and a trip to Barbuda including dropping us off and picking us up
    including fantastic sandwiches
    Dickenson beach was only 10 mins. walk via track and road and probably not advisable at night. Car hire would be required to view the island. St. John's was less than 5mins by car.
    The rooms were great and had room service every day.
    We will definitely stay here whenever in Antigua

Room Tip: All Rooms are quiet and air conditioning is very quiet All windows have good mosquito protection Pool is close to all rooms
    • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
    6  Thank Brian T
    Reviewed December 23, 2011

I had the privelage of staying at The Villas at Sunset Lane in Feb 2010 where we were superbly looked after by Jackie and her fantastic staff. The food was THAT good that I went back to visit during a very brief trip to Antigua in Dec '11. Once again, we were very well looked after-thanks Jackie, hopefully see you in 2012!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
    2  Thank Nimmo R
    Reviewed November 16, 2011

We can only echo all the good reviews this great little hotel has received. We spent six nights at the Villas which were perfect for relaxation before a busy conference.

Jacqui is indeed a charming host with a warm welcome. Nothing was too much trouble. I gashed my leg (my fault and I was sober at the time!) and Jacqui went twice to the pharmacist for medication.

As a cook she follows modern trends in buying the best raw materials and showing them to perfection. We expressed a preference for fish and received meals based successively on shrimp, spiny lobster from Barbuda and, the highlight, blackened "Banga Mary" (a delicious freshwater fish comparable with trout). Vegetables included okra from the garden and a butternut squash soup to die for.

The villas themselves are the product of Jacqui’s dream. Custom built, they are a clever adaptation of the traditional spacious hillside plantation house, designed to take advantage of every breeze available and offering stunning views of a beautiful bay. Rooms are large and scrupulously clean. They feature ingenious and effective mosquito screens, a properly maintained air-conditioning system and old-fashioned but effective 'punkah' overhead fans. Free high-grade WIFI was a bonus.

We must also acknowledge Ryan, her handyman/driver, who was a perfect chauffeur, for example negotiating the pre-booked wheelchair at the airport before he would let us out of the car. If they are not too busy it may even be able to borrow him as a driver for a nominal extra gratuity.

All in all lovely people, a great location, clever architecture and a truly relaxing experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple