Keeping in mind that the rates are very low compared to beachside hotels, this is a pretty good deal. Our one-bedroom cottage (all the "cottages" are actually attached condo units, not freestanding cottages) was spacious, with a mini-fridge and 4 burner range/oven & microwave. Upstairs was a bathroom and sleeping loft with queen bed. The grounds were lovely, and it was a 5-10 minute walk (down and across the road) to the beach. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The negatives: the cottages are rather cheaply built, the bed not very comfortable, and the lighting abysmal (why do these places have to put 30-40 watt bulbs in the lamps?). But, considering the cottage was only $150/night, and the kitchen allowed us to avoid restaurants for breakfast & lunch, who can complain?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dickenson Bay Cottages is an exclusive development offering elegance and intimacy. The Suites are set in tranquil tropical gardens around an inviting and very private swimming pool. Fully equipped with every modern amenity and catering for couples and families alike the accommodation is practical and extremely flexible. Just a short walk from one of the islands premier beaches with its water sports, restaurants and bars. "Arguably the best self catering accommodation in Antigua" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Dickenson Bay Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dickenson Bay Cottages Hotel St. John`s
- Dickenson Bay Cottages Antigua/Saint John Parish