I chose Siboney for our lodging based on a lovely review in the NY Times and, of course, supported by the reviews here. My husband and I had been doing more indulgent vacations for the last couple years - cruise during pregnancy, all-inclusive resort in the DR post-pregnancy (I was too tired to plan a "real" vacation!). We craved getting back to our preferred mode of travel - exploring, eating, relaxing and essentially being free to choose where, when and with whom we wanted to do these things!
Siboney Beach Club was the perfect home base for this!! The club itself is lovely, some days we found ourselves just lounging about on our room's porch with the birds, wandering down to the pool to relax in the shady hammock area with the lizards - jumping in the ocean and enjoying the beautiful water - and my favorite - pulling one of the awesomely comfortable lounge chairs (like a director's chair with really long arms you can swing your legs over) to the end of the "jetty" and looking out at the sea with a rum punch. Other days we stayed away all day - renting a car and exploring the island thanks to the support, encouragement (I was very nervous) and maps provided by the incredibly friendly and helpful staff / management of Siboney or going out on a catamaran cruise (check wind before heading out on one of those!) for the day.
The kitchen in the room came in very handy - there is a small store right up the beach (about a 4 minute walk along the water) where we purchased our breakfast items. It was wonderful to be able to enjoy breakfast in our room/ on our porch. ! And the free wireless access was a huge bonus we weren’t even expecting!
As everyone else says - it's true - staff is wonderful. They recommended great restaurants (Papa Zouk's!!! YUM!) and were very accommodating to all our requests and questions. On top of that - they were just simply good, down to earth people who want you to enjoy your stay and their island. I can't say enough about them. Thank you! Thank you!
My last morning, I witnessed this on my morning walk: not but 30 yards off from the property – I saw a man come through the palms with a beautiful horse. He led that horse into the water – they swam out to the deep and then proceeded to swim over what must have been 2 miles across the bay and back. It was the most incredible thing I’ve ever seen.
Oh Antigua, I miss you so! We’ll be back. Thank you Siboney for making this a wonderful trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, romantic, all suites hotel set in a fabulous, bird and flower filled, tropical garden, on the sheltered mile long white sand beach of Dickenson Bay. A tranquil hideaway for the discerning, independent, traveler looking for excellence in Caribbean hospitality and 'home away from home' comfort.Palms grow through the roof of the award winning Coconut Grove Restaurant where a ribbon of sand separates the dining tables from the blue Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Siboney Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siboney Beach Club Hotel St. John`s
- Siboney Beach Hotel
- Siboney Beach Resort
- Siboney Beach Club Antigua/Saint John Parish