My wife and I stayed at Siboney in Mid-February. Our room overlooked beautiful tropical gardens and the pool which was nestled nicely in the tropical garden. We sat on our balcony and started our mornings with this view and the accompanying humming birds near us in the trees. The beach was in view and very nice, and while not large, seemed to have many of the adjacent hotel guests visiting and staying for several hours.
The staff was very helpful and very nice. They would happily make dinner recommendations and reservations, suggest places to go and generally attend to our needs. They were good natured and friendly. We had an opportunity to meet the owner who built the hotel and still live on site. He was going to have his ninetieth birthday in a few weeks. He offered insights into the hotel and his life that were fascinating.
Our room was clean and nice. It had a kitchenette that we used for breakfast and coffee. While somewhat dated, that didn't matter. The charm of the room was unquestionable.
The hotel has a beachfront restaurant attached that served some of the best food we had while on our vacation. Again, it was not unusual to see many guests from neighboring hotels there at the bar or restaurant. The hotel is within walking distance of several other restaurants and a new casino. A large food store, comparable to something you might find in the U.S., was within walking distance.
I was surprised to find out that the property only has 12 rooms. I felt we received first class service by a staff of wonderful people willing to share there insights into the island, the area and the hotel. If you are looking for a large property with live bands, elevators, a big lobby, with lots of people - this is not the place for you.
We found our stay to be relaxing while on the wonderful beach, in our charming room and in the absolutely gorgeous garden area. This is a unique property and we are fortunate to have found it. We met people there that have been returning year after year, for decades.
So, would we come back, absolutely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, romantic, all suites hotel set in a fabulous, bird and flower filled, tropical garden, on the sheltered mile long white sand beach of Dickenson Bay. A tranquil hideaway for the discerning, independent, traveler looking for excellence in Caribbean hospitality and 'home away from home' comfort.Palms grow through the roof of the award winning Coconut Grove Restaurant where a ribbon of sand separates the dining tables from the blue Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Siboney Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siboney Beach Club Hotel St. John`s
- Siboney Beach Hotel
- Siboney Beach Resort
- Siboney Beach Club Antigua/Saint John Parish