My partner and I visited the Siboney Beach in Nov/Dec 2012, yes it's taken us all this time to write this review! We had a wonderful stay. The hotel is classified as a 3* but the staff and Tony (the owner) are 5*. The beach as others have reported is excellent and we spent most of our days just lying around enjoying the peaceful surroundings.
The hotel is a bit out of the way for shops/restaurants and taxi's are expensive, but that did not stop the staff organising a trip for us to the large supermarket to get supplies. To our amazement, Tony, arrived with a great smile and escorted us to his swanky Mercedes. He actually drove us all the way to the supermarket and even walked around with us while we did our shopping! What a great service and a unique experience for us.
It doesn't end there...the staff also organised for us to visit a fantastic little restaurant serving local food with great views over the bay. The night we visited, the restaurant had a local jazz band who were fantastic. Tony again dropped us off at the restaurant and rang a few hours later to see if we were ready to be picked up! We felt truly spoilt.
Tony Johnson is an charming 'young' man, with a very colourful history and a great story teller!
Don't be put off by the 3* rating. The hotel is comfortable and very reasonable considering you have the really expensive 'sprawling' Sandals next door. Could do with having A/c in all the rooms though.
The restaurant next door to the Siboney is expensive and does not provide value for money in our opinion. Try the shacks on the beach for great local food at a reasonable price. Be aware that food in the shacks sells out very quickly, get there before 3pm!
We will definitely visit Siboney Beach again and would not hesitate to recommend this lovely hotel.
Highly recommended. :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, romantic, all suites hotel set in a fabulous, bird and flower filled, tropical garden, on the sheltered mile long white sand beach of Dickenson Bay. A tranquil hideaway for the discerning, independent, traveler looking for excellence in Caribbean hospitality and 'home away from home' comfort.Palms grow through the roof of the award winning Coconut Grove Restaurant where a ribbon of sand separates the dining tables from the blue Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Siboney Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siboney Beach Club Hotel St. John`s
- Siboney Beach Hotel
- Siboney Beach Resort
- Siboney Beach Club Antigua/Saint John Parish