Siboney Beach Club was a lovely choice for our trip to Antigua. Actually, we split our week up between Siboney Beach Club and another spot on Jolly Harbor and we much preferred the location of Dickenson Bay. (Just a couple properties away from the imposing "Sandals")
The staff at Siboney Beach Club were friendly, helpful, prompt, courteous, and made us feel like valued guests. The hotel is independently owned and is very intimate. It is right on a soft sandy beach, surrounded by beautiful foliage and flora, not to mention beautiful birds!
The rooms are an open air concept, meaning you'll always have the oven breeze from your balcony, but your bedroom has a window a/c unit and will have a tight shutting door in case it is hot or muggy. We always had a comfortable sleep, but I must admit that I was often hot in the rest of the unit in the afternoons/evenings if we didn't keep the front door open to get a good cross- breeze going.
My only other con with the unit was that little "no see ums" mosquitoes ate me alive, even with my "Deep Woods Off" and citronella candles burning. My husband never got bit, so you may not be affected. I sure hope not! (I realize little can be done about Mosquitos, unless the whole unit is retro-fitted with a/c which would raise prices and detract from the open-air charm...)
Most importantly, the Siboney Beach Club has a great kitchenette with a big fridge and microwave/stove for fixing meals, if you are I clinked to do so. We did eat at the restaurant once, but really like having simple snacks, so having the fridge was a great, economical way for us to fully enjoy our week. "1st Choice" grocery store is less than a mile away and full of good choices!
Overall, we loved our time in Dickenson Bay at Siboney Beach Club!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, romantic, all suites hotel set in a fabulous, bird and flower filled, tropical garden, on the sheltered mile long white sand beach of Dickenson Bay. A tranquil hideaway for the discerning, independent, traveler looking for excellence in Caribbean hospitality and 'home away from home' comfort.Palms grow through the roof of the award winning Coconut Grove Restaurant where a ribbon of sand separates the dining tables from the blue Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Siboney Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siboney Beach Club Hotel St. John`s
- Siboney Beach Hotel
- Siboney Beach Resort
- Siboney Beach Club Antigua/Saint John Parish