Siboney Beach Club
$161
$356
$232
Hotels.com
Ocean Point Resort & Spa(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$164
$80
Travelocity
$411
Orbitz.com
Jumby Bay Island(St. John's)
$1,431
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstony johnsoncoconut grove restaurantdickenson bayliving roomsmall hotelcleaning ladies arelouvered doorson site restaurantpapa zoukgarden viewboutique hotelstove toprented a carlovely poolminutes from the airportlittle piece of paradisethird floor
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Hard to believe we stayed at the same place as the March 2013 review. We found the Sibony Beach Club to be a wonderful place to have stayed during our April of 2013 vacation to Antigua. The owner Tony Johnson was a most interesting and pleasant gentleman to talk to and his staff was very friendly and helpful, guiding us to some wonderful restaurants and setting up excursions! Although we were on the same stretch of beach as the Sandal's Resort we had a little area of beach, kind of its own little cove, that made you feel you were on a small beach of your own. Our room was cheery and clean. It had a small kitchen area with a stove top (no oven) that was great for preparing small meals and snacks. Our room happened to overlook a beautiful garden area with a pool. Would we return to the Sibony Beach Club if in Antigua again? The answer is YES!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gymmom1952
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I just finished reading the YAPhank ysandman 14 paragraph excruciatingly detailed review of Siboney Beach Club and feel compelled to reply. My wife and I have vacationed at Siboney for almost three weeks a year since 1991. We have found the staff to be friendly, responsive and extremely helpful. The "old white gentleman with the British accent" whom they speak of is Tony Johnson, the owner of the property, who built the property decades ago, is meticulous in its upkeep and takes justifiable pride in the little spot in paradise that it is. Siboney is not for the traveller who is used to the mundane sameness that chain hotels offer, nor is it a faux Caribbean resort complex such as Sandals, further up the beach. Rather, it is a touch of true Caribbean peace and beauty, reminiscent of earlier times in island history. The tropical garden and pool area are truly spectacular, the beach is small and beautiful and the rooms are airy, cheerful, tastefully decorated and only steps from the water.
It is unfortunate that this couple quibbled away their vacation with trivial issues. Yes, there may be ants in Antigua as well as the rest of the tropics, yes, check- in mess-ups can occur(theirs was apparently was straightened out, albeit not at the breakneck pace they demanded) and yes, people may talk more loudly than they should in the morning. Likewise, I have occasionally encountered many of these problems in various places I have stayed, including some of the most prestigious properties in the world. But these problems do not warrant the energy and attention taken in their review given what I have seen to be the overall appeal of Siboney in more than 20 years of gratifying visits. This property is a unique Caribbean gem and represents one of the best values of any resort on Antiqua.
If you are looking for your own little piece of paradise combined with the friendliness, attentiveness and knowledgeability of some of the nicest people ii have ever met, Siboney Beach Club is for you.
Sailaw (Ron@Ronna
Newport, R.I.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper two floors have views of garden and/or water
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sailaw
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Not sure about that last review...If you want a place 1/3 the price of Sandals, that's impeccably clean, with a great restaurant, fun bar and friendly locals, this is your place. Highly recommended. Not one problem encountered, no mosquito issues or overwhelming ant problem. Yeah, there's a few bugs around, ummm, it's tropical, what would one expect. Will be back.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Slouchman
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We visited Siboney Beach Club in middle of march and stayed there for 2 nights.

The Good:

The beach that this hotel is on is quite beautiful, yes small but the sand is silky and the water clear blue, no coral and no seaweed. Makes swimming quite enjoyable.

Management provided a complimentary bottle of wine since we were celebrating a special occasion. Nice touch!

The room was big, with plenty of light, and good air conditioning in the bedroom (no air in living room, but air flow was good and place felt fine).

The BAD:
While we didn't find the staff rude, we didn't find them very friendly either. Some cracked a few jokes at our expense several times (older white gentleman with a british accent), which I don't find professional or welcome.

When we arrived at the hotel we pointed out that there was an issue with the charges, they had overcharged us for the stay. We were due a refund, and brought all the paperwork for them to make the matter go as smoothly as possible. They took all the information that we provided and said that someone will be in later on and will handle the matter and give us a call. Well no one ever called us to rectify the issue. I approached the front desk again the night before we were leaving to kindly remind them that no one had spoke with us about the wrong charge. The woman looked at me in amazement and said "really," that is all she had to offer me. No apology, no indication when we should expect to be contacted, just a mere "really" and a confused look. I had to ask if she thought that it would be handled by the time we would be checking out and she said "I think so." Personally that's just not a professional way to conduct business or run a company. If a hotel or resort makes a mistake and OVER CHARGES a guest, I would think they would be a little more concerned about getting the matter settled, instead of the guest having to remind them about it on a few occasions.
We didn't want to be pushy about the matter and always approached them with a smile, but apparently being nice no longer gets you anywhere, I guess we should have lived up to our stereotype and been the typical "irate americans" and then the issue would have been resolved promptly. It's sad that patience, a smile, and a nice demeanor no longer gets you anywhere.

The room itself was VERY worn down. I always try and give places the benefit of the doubt, something that is old and has history to me is usually charming..... yea not this place. Really it's just old, period. The other issue was ants, they were everywhere. We did no have ANY food in the room and still, just swarms of them. We tried dealing with it best we could, spraying the area with spray that was provided in the room and killing as many as possible. But 30 minutes later they were back.... Not a deal breaker, but definitely annoying to have to deal with that.

They provide a Brita water pitcher which looked like it hasn't been cleaned in months. There was brown residue all over the pitcher and the filter was covered in it too. The thought is nice, but if your going to provide something like that you should make sure its useable, otherwise no sense in providing it.

We were woken up both mornings at 7am by people talking outside, this place has zero soundproofing.

The 1st day we were there there was someone on the beach that asked us if we stayed at the hotel and provided is with loungers, the second day we couldn't find anyone and there were no loungers available on the beach, went to the front desk to inquire what we if there was anyone around to get a lounger from and we were told to go to the pool area take loungers from there and carry them onto the beach..... again not a deal breaker, but where is the service aspect?

Oh and the icing on the cake. Our 1st night we laid on the bed quite a while chatting about how excited we were to be on vacation and also read for some time. When we were finally ready for bed we climbed under the sheets and my husband jumped out of bed immediately. We lifted the top sheet/cover to find crumbs and a fish bone on the bed!!!! Really! Made me wonder what else was just not cleaned in the room.... I mean, I am an understanding person, but how exactly does one make the bed and not realize that there are crumbs and a fish bone (was not even a small one) get left behind. Me and my husband tried to make a joke and say maybe this was like a little spell to make our marriage ever lasting and happy, but in reality c'mon guys! To their credit when we called the front desk, they apologized and came up 20 minutes later with fresh sheets and remade the bed.

If I was the manager or owner of that hotel, I would be mortified. I would have probably personally called the guests to apologize and maybe even go out of the way to make things better. Maybe a complimentary drink or breakfast, something....anything..... again even a personal phone call would have been nice.

Take away message, I wouldn't stay here again and would't recommend this establishment to friends. I'm sure our experience just had all the perfect bad things happen to ruin it for us, but in the end we were in no way happy with our stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank YSandman
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My daughter and I just returned from Antigua where we stayed at the: Siboney Beach Club Hotel. A very charming small Hotel with Kitchenettes. We had sort of a suite with a large bedroom , livingroom and balconey on the second floor and kitchenette. - We jsut loved it. It was situated at a very lovely beach and surrounded by a small tropical garden with a nice size smimming pool and wicker chairs and tables all around. It was quiet and very relaxing eventhough "Sandals Resort" was moe or less down the road and we did not hear any loud noises.
The service was very good and always in the morning hours . Cooked our own breakfast as Antigua can be expensive going out to eat for all 3 meals. We enjoyed it so much that we plan to return.

Brigitte and daughter

Room Tip: We prefer the second floor as we had a lovely view into the garden.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family