I just finished reading the YAPhank ysandman 14 paragraph excruciatingly detailed review of Siboney Beach Club and feel compelled to reply. My wife and I have vacationed at Siboney for almost three weeks a year since 1991. We have found the staff to be friendly, responsive and extremely helpful. The "old white gentleman with the British accent" whom they speak of is Tony Johnson, the owner of the property, who built the property decades ago, is meticulous in its upkeep and takes justifiable pride in the little spot in paradise that it is. Siboney is not for the traveller who is used to the mundane sameness that chain hotels offer, nor is it a faux Caribbean resort complex such as Sandals, further up the beach. Rather, it is a touch of true Caribbean peace and beauty, reminiscent of earlier times in island history. The tropical garden and pool area are truly spectacular, the beach is small and beautiful and the rooms are airy, cheerful, tastefully decorated and only steps from the water.
It is unfortunate that this couple quibbled away their vacation with trivial issues. Yes, there may be ants in Antigua as well as the rest of the tropics, yes, check- in mess-ups can occur(theirs was apparently was straightened out, albeit not at the breakneck pace they demanded) and yes, people may talk more loudly than they should in the morning. Likewise, I have occasionally encountered many of these problems in various places I have stayed, including some of the most prestigious properties in the world. But these problems do not warrant the energy and attention taken in their review given what I have seen to be the overall appeal of Siboney in more than 20 years of gratifying visits. This property is a unique Caribbean gem and represents one of the best values of any resort on Antiqua.
If you are looking for your own little piece of paradise combined with the friendliness, attentiveness and knowledgeability of some of the nicest people ii have ever met, Siboney Beach Club is for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, romantic, all suites hotel set in a fabulous, bird and flower filled, tropical garden, on the sheltered mile long white sand beach of Dickenson Bay. A tranquil hideaway for the discerning, independent, traveler looking for excellence in Caribbean hospitality and 'home away from home' comfort.Palms grow through the roof of the award winning Coconut Grove Restaurant where a ribbon of sand separates the dining tables from the blue Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Siboney Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siboney Beach Club Hotel St. John`s
- Siboney Beach Hotel
- Siboney Beach Resort
- Siboney Beach Club Antigua/Saint John Parish