“Lovely relaxing atmosphere”

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in St. John's
Saint John's, Saint John, Antigua
“Lovely relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at Siboneybeachclub. My suite was comfortable and spacious. The grounds are also very well kept with a clean pool and nice area with hammocks to relax. Kahori made me feel very welcome and I would definitely go back again.

Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Aberdeen, Scotland
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I booked this hotel as I couldn't get into another I knew. Other reviews give the hotel a good rating, and it was very reasonably priced. When I arrived I was very surprised. It's a very clean, well maintained beach hotel with an attached restaurant and bar.
When you consider that the next hotel up the beach is Sandles, and you're on the same beach, yet paying a lot less, then you can't really go wrong! The food in the restaurant (Coconut Grove) in the evening was very good. The rooms are very clean, lots of facilities including a kitchen. Another nice touch in the bathroom is the use of 'real' shampoo, conditioner and shower gel (just like the kind you use at home - not these small horrible freebies you usually get).
I had to keep my room on for an extra 6 hours and this was instantly accomodated. I was charged $50 which I didn't think was too bad considering my alternatives.
All the staff are extremely attentive, the location is superb and I would consider going back (tomorrow!).

Room Tip: Room No 1 is close to the sea, but I quite liked the sound - it wasn't at all loud.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Ultomato
Gateshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I travelled to Antigua as a sole female business traveller and was made so welcome at this hotel. The staff are simply lovely and were so helpful.
The setting is just amazing. My room was yards from the beach and very well appointed.With a full size fridge in the little galley kitchen it was easy to make packed lunches and keep drinks cool. It you are looking for something more authentic than the 'all inclusive chains' on the island this is it. With only 12 rooms the beach and pool areas are never crowded...I often had the pool and gardens to myself. It is next to a lovely beach bar that serves great food. I can't wait to return.

My main tip if visiting Antigua would be to consider a hire car. I used taxis which were very reliable but a little expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room overlooking the beach.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bangkok
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at this delightful little hotel right on the beach. We were struck immediately by how friendly the staff were and how warm the welcome, from the gardeners to the cleaners to the lovely reception ladies - all were happy and welcoming.
Our room had a little kitchenette which we weren't able to take advantage of because the local shop had closed - but luckily for us the restaurant (Coconut Grove) was fantastic. There was tv in the lounge, and although no aircon in the lounge there was a lovely ceiling fan that kept the room cool. We had a seaview room but to be clear the view was through the bedroom window that didn't open. The balcony looked onto the garden - this was fine though as we spent most of the time on the beach anyway. The beach was kept clean and the sea inviting.
Really comfy beds.

Room Tip: if you book a seaview don't expect a sea balcony - it is what is says only a view. However, the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Siboney is in a quiet relaxed area about 30 minutes away from the airport.
The room itself was quite large and had a living room and bedroom. There was AC only in the bedroom. The window of the sitting room was always open.
There was TV and wifi, but only in the sitting room, not the bedroom.
There is a nice restaurant attached to the property.
The room had a fridge and small kitchen and provided bug spray in the closet. There were little ants running around the floor of the room.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank travelsaroundUSA
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at Siboney for 11 days and wish we could have stayed longer. Our room was just steps from the water's edge; the staff were so warm and welcoming; the garden/pool area was a great place to relax in the afternoon after a morning of sun; and the awesome Coconut Grove restaurant/bar being downstairs made our experience complete. It was just the sort of small hotel that had all the amenities we were looking for - ocean steps from the room, pool, bar/restaurant, friendly staff.

Our room (felt more like an apartment) was perfect for the two of us traveling with our 15 month old - it had a separate bedroom, living room and kitchenette so that we could make some meals in the room.

Siboney is a real gem!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
UK
Reviewed September 25, 2012

A perfect antidote to those who do not want a 5-star, all-inclusive resort. Siboney combines one of the best locations in Antigua (Dickenson Bay) with the comforts of a small, boutique hotel. Rooms are well furnished and the small kitchenette is useful for preparing snacks. The service is excellent and the staff make guests feel very welcome. It has an attached restaurant, Coconut Grove (under different management) which serves very good food right on the beach. Our verdict? Head there, but don't tell everyone about it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,259 reviews
Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort
Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort
#1 of 15 in St. John's

Been to Siboney Beach Club? Share your experiences!