My boyfriend and I stayed at Siboney from 5/12 - 5/18. We highly recommend this hotel to both couples and families. The location couldn't be better - it's literally steps from the beach. We had a deluxe ocean view suite and we could hear the waves crashing on the shore. The suite was nice and clean. They provided full sized shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner. The beach is beautiful and I think it's one of the best we saw on the island. If you walk down the beach a little ways to where Sandals is, you can rent jet skis or other water sports stuff. The staff at Siboney was very friendly and helpful. They made restaurant reservations for us, called taxis, gave us extra sunscreen, and mailed our postcards. There is a nice restaurant right on the property that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We set up a house account there and closed it out at the end of the week. There are other good places to eat as well, both in walking distance and a short taxi drive away. Down the beach towards Sandals there is a place called Peppers and Limes that was really good. We also took a taxi to Le Bistro (French) and La Bussola (Italian), both of which we highly recommend for a romantic dinner. There is also a small grocery store close to Siboney (five minute walk) where you can purchase basic food and drug store items. As far as activities on the island, we recommend Eli's Eco Tour, ziplining, and going to Shirley Heights for the party every Sunday evening.
There were only a couple drawbacks to Siboney that kept me from giving the highest rating. The mosquitos are difficult to keep out of the room since there are slats on the windows and patio doors where they can sneak through. My boyfriend gotten bitten a lot. I recommend keeping your patio doors closed at night and closing the slats on the windows. Also, there is only air conditioning in the bedroom so it can feel pretty sticky in the other rooms. Lastly, there was some confusion when we arrived on 5/12. Our flight arrived late in the evening and they told us that even though the front office would be closed, security would be able to let us in our room. The security guard on duty didn't have knowledge of us coming and he had to call the owner of the property to come and let us in. It only took a few minutes but I had to wonder what would have happened if the owner hadn't been up in his room at the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, romantic, all suites hotel set in a fabulous, bird and flower filled, tropical garden, on the sheltered mile long white sand beach of Dickenson Bay. A tranquil hideaway for the discerning, independent, traveler looking for excellence in Caribbean hospitality and 'home away from home' comfort.Palms grow through the roof of the award winning Coconut Grove Restaurant where a ribbon of sand separates the dining tables from the blue Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Siboney Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siboney Beach Club Hotel St. John`s
- Siboney Beach Hotel
- Siboney Beach Resort
- Siboney Beach Club Antigua/Saint John Parish