My friendly local Althams travel agent, Lorraine, suggested this gem of a place when my husband and I were thinking of getting married in Antigua and Iam so glad that she did.
After looking through several brochures, which don't do the place justice, we then looked at previous reviews on trip advisor. Although most were excellent a few comments made us have some doubts but we went ahead and booked anyway.
Before we had even landed I just looked out of the plane and knew we had come to the right place. Yes, there was a little wait at immigration but not too long. We had a private transfer to Blue Waters and after admiring the well kept cricket ground just outside the airport, we then sat back and enjoyed the beautiful views.
On arriving at Blue waters we were left to enjoy our rum punch in reception and then shown to our room. We had been upgraded to a deluxe beach front room (which I would recommend rather than a hillside room) and there really was the most stunning view of the Caribbean sea. The room and balcony were lovely but the bathroom although clean, neaded a little updating-but don't let it put you off.
After just one night we already felt at home and the staff had remembered our names. On night three our drinks came to our table without us having to order!! The service could not be faulted.
We went on two trips one on the Wadadli cat to Shirley heights and the other on the excellence to Barbuda (sister island to Antigua). The view and sunset from Shirley heights was amazing. The crossing to Barbuda was not so pleasant and there is no shade on the beach but there really is pink sand!
If you are expecting long sandy beaches then Blue Waters isn't for you but there are three well kept pools and the service is excellent. Our drinks were constantly being refilled and we never had to fight for loungers. We saw a few of the other hotels whilst on our stay and although they may look better in the brochure Blue Waters was definately more select and better by far.
The highlight of the holiday was when we got married and luckily for us we were the only couple to get married in the two weeks that we stayed. Although this was probably unusual I liked the fact that Blue Waters have a policy of only one wedding a day. Every bride should have their special day and shouldn't have to share it with three others!!
I had many concerns but the main one was about my dress and the heat. I wore a full ivory, satin wedding dress and felt absolutely wonderful. The gazebo where we got married was covered in fresh flowers and the florists had managed to include lillies as requested, in my bouquet. I walked down the 'isle' to the sounds of the wonderful steal band and the sight of the blue caribbean sea, perfect. The ceremony was conducted by Ulric Matthews and was amazing. It lasted at least 20 minutes and the vows were traditional and unlike civil ceremonies in England there could be reference to God (if you so wish). My husband and I went to Antigua alone so after the photographs (which were a little disappointing but the wedding video was excellent) we hired a Wadadli cat plus four crew to take use on a sunset cruise. Amazing. I would highly recommend this.
We ate at Vyviens every night and were never disappointed. The lobster was fantastic and Wingrove, Kempton, Marian and Gail all made us feel special.
We will definately be back.
Thank you Blue Waters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the North West Corner of Antigua where crystal clear waters lap onto secluded white sand beaches, Blue Waters Resort offers an island paradise. From your personal welcome, complete with cooled scented towel and rum punch, you will realise you are our valued guest. Featuring small secluded beach coves, seven freshwater pools and 17 acres of lush tropical gardens, Blue Waters provides the ideal setting for relaxing days by the pool or on the beach, cocktail in hand, or for reading a good book in the shade of the swaying palm trees. Having gently evolved and constantly improved over 50 years we offer a range of luxuriously appointed rooms to meet the needs of our guests, from hillside rooms in a garden setting to beachside rooms with renowned spectacular ocean views. For the more active guest we offer complimentary watersports, tennis and a newly refurbished gym. Our recently opened Elemis Spa and Hair Salon with its stunning ocean views provides a perfect setting for a pampering treatment or as part of a wedding package. Finish the day off dining at one of our 3 restaurants, each with a different ambience to suit your mood. Our staff is ready and waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, TravelUp, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Waters Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Blue Waters St Johns
- Hotel Blue Waters
- Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Blue Waters Antigua Saint John Parish