When you think it can't get any better, you stay at a hotel like Blue Waters, Antigua! We were there from 7/15-22,2005 when Emily was to the north/west of us. Despite the threat of thunderstorms daily, the weather was beautiful.........as was this pick for us. We've been to around 6 islands in the Caribbean and Bahamas, staying in the best hotels/resorts. Blue Waters is up there with the world's finest. Our room, in the 100 block, had the most splendid ocean views. We fell asleep to the sounds of crickets and surf....and greeted the morning with light streaming in and waves upon the shore just yards from our room. The hotel is 77 rooms, 20+ acres of beautifullly manicured grounds replete with hibiscus, palms, etc.....aesthetically designed where every angle is picture perfect......You wouldn't say I'm at all biased? The food at the hotel, as well on this island itself, is wholesome, beautifully presented, good sized portions and sumptuous. Fine dining is very important to us, and New York has nothing over this 15x20 island.Our favorites included: Vyvien's( the hotel's Air Conditioned restaurant), reservations necessary, Coconut Grove, Le Bistro, and The Beach. We could write an entire critique on restaurants alone.
Re: service, we have no complaints. Whenever we asked for anything, the staff responded quickly. They were very accomodating.....We also met a driver who took care of our transport needs, since we didn't rent a car.
Since our stay is off-season, the beach, though very small, suited our needs. It was not overly crowded. There are also 3 pools, so there are options. You could also go beach hopping without a problem, should you want to snorkel or sunbathe elsewhere.
We loved The Blue Waters, and will definitely return to holiday. We were very comfortable there and had everything we need when on vacation.......For us, it was rest and relaxation, something we both crave after our stressful work lives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the North West Corner of Antigua where crystal clear waters lap onto secluded white sand beaches, Blue Waters Resort offers an island paradise. From your personal welcome, complete with cooled scented towel and rum punch, you will realise you are our valued guest. Featuring small secluded beach coves, seven freshwater pools and 17 acres of lush tropical gardens, Blue Waters provides the ideal setting for relaxing days by the pool or on the beach, cocktail in hand, or for reading a good book in the shade of the swaying palm trees. Having gently evolved and constantly improved over 50 years we offer a range of luxuriously appointed rooms to meet the needs of our guests, from hillside rooms in a garden setting to beachside rooms with renowned spectacular ocean views. For the more active guest we offer complimentary watersports, tennis and a newly refurbished gym. Our recently opened Elemis Spa and Hair Salon with its stunning ocean views provides a perfect setting for a pampering treatment or as part of a wedding package. Finish the day off dining at one of our 3 restaurants, each with a different ambience to suit your mood. Our staff is ready and waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Waters Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Blue Waters St Johns
- Hotel Blue Waters
- Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Blue Waters Antigua Saint John Parish