“First class resort = oustanding holiday”

Blue Waters Antigua
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in St. John's
Northampton, United Kingdom
“First class resort = oustanding holiday”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was my third visit to the the Blue Waters resort, that in itself should speak volumes about how fabulous this place is.
The service provided by staff is nothing but first class! All are friendly show genuine warmth, they go out of their way to ensure your experience is out of this world, nothing is ever too much trouble.
The checking in process is smooth and efficient fabulous personal touches such as cold towels and refreshments of choice are provided, this is enhanced by the fact staff have remembered me from previous visits. As much I has have tried to think of some constructive criticism there is absolutely nothing I can fault about Blue Waters or the staff.
Everything from the bars, the food in the restaurants, the entertainment is top class and exceptional. The settings are stunning and beautiful. The reaction of my travelling companion on this occasion said it all.... 'I really didn't think places like this existed in reality'.
On each visit I have stayed in a different accommodation choice, a beach front room, a cove suite and the penthouse all three were exceptional in the own right. The beach front room was spacious and luxurious, if visiting for a special occasion the cove suite and penthouses take the luxury feeling to a whole different level.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the staff including Mandie, Daniel, Paulette, Pearl, Rosamund, Carolyn, Tario....ok the list would be endless so a huge thank you to every one there who have not only contributed to three immense holidays a Blue Waters but hopefully further visits in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank GLusk
BWTeam, Manager at Blue Waters Antigua, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at Blue Waters, and were pleased with the resort's facilities and staff's hospitality.

The Blue Waters Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
  • Turkish first
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was in Antigua for only one night and two days of business so my stay was brief. Blue Waters staff were very attentive at the front desk, the bar and the restaurant. We had a great meal at the hotel and retired to very nice villa style rooms with excellent bedding, modern bathrooms, good AC and excellent amenities. Sadly, I never got to use the beach, pool or exercise facilities but they all looked great in a rain forest setting. The Check in and out were very efficient. I will definitely be back again. Well done.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive review of Blue Waters. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and were pleased with the resort's facilities.

Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We are just about to check out of Blue Waters, as this is the end of our 2 week stay in paradise.
I am truly gutted to be leaving..
My boyfriend (now husband) came here to get married have to have our honeymoon; I looked at various locations in the Caribbean but wow I am so glad we chose blue waters..
We were looking for a location in which we could marry barefoot on the sand, as well as a resort which welcomes children for the ceremony.
This place is magical.. I read so many reviews before coming, and so I was prepared for excellent service and hospitality; the staff are amazing, so kind and so friendly. They were so happy for us, and their warmth felt so genuine and really touching.
We opted for a deluxe beach front room - of course everyone has different standards and expectations, but we were delighted. I still cannot believe how close we are to the beach as I sit on my bed and type this review.. I could throw a stone and it would land in the sea. It takes less than 60 seconds to be on the sand from our door.
The bed is so comfortable, and huge! The room has a lovely balcony which is spacious and comfy for relaxing on. We have a shower and bath, and two spaces to hang clothes.
I read a review which said it often feels as though you are staying in your own resort at blue waters, and I can sort of see that.. There are three small beaches, and we have often been alone on our favourite beach, no where feels busy or crowded. Others guests are mainly Brits, which we didn't mind either way..
We stayed here on all-inclusive which felt like luxury to us! Often when sunbathing, staff come round with fruit/ cold towels / or ask you what they can get you- so amazing!
I am lactose intolerant, and the beach bar staff went out of their way to cater to me- fetching soya milk from elsewhere in the resort to make me milkshakes!
Tramaine often works in the beach bar and she is a star; she is so friendly and kind- I loved being around her. We will truly miss her! Carolyn also works in the bar and she is wonderful too; both ladies can we seen in the distance in our wedding photos as they came down to the beach to show their support, we loved that.
Breakfast and lunch are always served in the palm restaurant. Breakfast is fabulous - a buffet with everything you can imagine; I went made with bacon, sausages, bagels and fruit everyday! They have cereal, eggs, muffins, breads, pastries, everything! Lunch is also a buffet but there is also a menu available- we never ordered from it though as we enjoyed the buffets. They are themed (Mexican, Italian, Caribbean, Asian, etc) and I enjoyed them all!
Dinner options are the palm , the cove or bartleys. We only dined at the palm so I cannot review the other two, but heard great things from others. Both others require a more formal dress code, and I didn't want my husband to have to worry about formal dress on holiday so we didn't go there.. It didn't matter though as we loved the palm!
We had our wedding half way though our stay which felt like the perfect time.. A few days after arriving we went into st.johns with other couples due to marry to sign paperwork- this was about an hour round trip with mandie the wedding planner. Now, let me talk about Mandie.. She is fabulous, I absolutely love her! She greeted us with a hug and never stopped smiling the whole time. She is from the uk, and she is a wonderful person. She made our wedding flawless.
We met with her for an hour or so to get to know each other and discuss details for the big day. She went into every detail and gave us so much information. On the day I was so excited, and was blown away by the appearance of the beach - she had made it look stunning. The entire day was amazing, I am so glad we payed extra to have the ceremony on the beach instead of the gazebo- it felt so amazing having the sand underneath us! I loved it!
In the evening we chose to have a meal with family on the beach - a chef was there doing a barbecue for us, it was delicious and felt so unique and special. We then lit sky lanterns. It honestly felt like a fairytale..
The whole holiday has been out of this world. I truly feel emotional to be leaving in less than an hour; perhaps it's because we came here for our wedding, and because it is unlikely we could afford two weeks here as a holiday in the future.
However, I am so grateful we found this place.. It has been magical. I wouldn't change a single thing about the wedding or the holiday- everyone is lovely, the food is great, and we had the most beautiful wedding day I ever could have dreamt.
I will miss all the staff, especially vivian, Carolyn and of course lovely tramaine.. We hope to see you all again one day..

Room Tip: Everyone said cove suites are worth the extra, we wouldn't know- they look very expensive, and w...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rachel120813
BWTeam, Manager at Blue Waters Antigua, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at Blue Waters, and were pleased with the resort's facilities and hospitality.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My family and I, husband and two children aged 15 and 12 years have just returned from a 14 night holiday at Blue Waters Resort, Antigua. I'm not sure where to start. From the moment we arrived at this amazing hotel, the staff really could not have done any more to make us feel welcome and tend to our every need. We were greated personally by the General Manager and other members of staff on arrival who remembered our names from that very moment. All members of staff from the people tending to our rooms, bar staff, waiters and waitresses to name just a few provided us with the best, most friendly service we have ever experienced from our many holidays around the world. We chose two Deluxe Beachfront rooms (some inter connecting rooms are available on request) on an all inclusive basis. These rooms were extremely spacious with large bathrooms and lovely comfortable beds. The food at the 3 restaurants available to choose from was quite outstanding and the views from The Cove restaurant in particular, breathtaking. Whether you prefer sitting on white sand staring at clear turquoise water or on a very comfortable sun lounger around one of the many pools, this hotel provides Caribbean luxury at its very best. If you can tear yourself away from that there is a very good, air conditioned gym that my husband and children used on many occasions and a floodlit tennis court that we used as a family each evening along with sailing, windsurfing and other water sports. Quite honestly the only complaint we have was having to leave.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sara N
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at Blue Waters, and that you were pleased with the resort's facilities.

Brighton
Reviewed August 17, 2013

From the very beginning of our stay at blue waters we were given the very best service and the staff asked us if we were happy.There is no desire that is too much and if they can't do it, they will do their utmost to make sure you are happy.
The staff are very chatty and it is lovely talking to them at the bar and around the pool.
The weather was gorgeous when we went and even though it was in their rainy season the temperature wasn't below 30 each day. When you look out to the sea from your room, it is so beautiful it looks like a postcard! I would definitely go back to blue waters and look forward to seeing all the welcoming staff again.
There is also some lovely restaurants not a long drive away, including cocunut grove and la bistro. I would recommend them!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at Blue Waters, and were pleased with the resort's level of hospitality.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were married at the end of July 2013 at Blue Waters. We could not be happier with the resort and feel very fortunate that we were able to spend 10 glorious days there. Staff are fantastic, the location is amazing, the accomodation is great, the food is consistently very good. If you are unsure where to get married, go here. There are cheaper resorts in Antigua, but do yourself a favour and spend a little extra to have a perfect holiday.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank PeterBolam
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your wedding and honeymoon at Blue Waters.

Stanley, Falkland Islands
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I found this to be a lovely place, room was fantastic, massive comfy bed, great breakfast I was on business but wld bring my family here, the only slight negative was that I was in an adjoining room and there was a young family next door, who were obv on holiday. I wld suggest if on business to ask for a room that is not adjoining if that is possible.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at Blue Waters.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. John's
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,248 reviews
Hermitage Bay
Hermitage Bay
#1 of 7 in Saint Mary's

Been to Blue Waters Antigua? Share your experiences!