The quality of design and build of the Cove Suites is superb – big space, balcony and bathroom.
We could only fault the specification of sunbeds – very basic, not comfortable – no cushions! They are promising to sort this so if you go, there may be comfort.
The resort layout is terrific – lots of pool choice [ not much beach].
There are star performers amongst the staff – drinks service have Wingrove at the Cove Suites pool side bar – a most gracious gentle man. Carolyn is a wild creative who runs the beach pool bar and Nina holds the Pelican bar together.
In the Spa, we both had excellent massages from Fiona.
Those are the good bits.
There seems to be a culture of fear that drives blame and lack of responsibility in food service.
Dinner seemed to be unnecessarily dramatic most nights, taking usually an hour for main courses to arrive.
The cooking of steaks seems to be a random affair, and often we would eat them however cooked rather than wait for ages for it to be as we requested.
We concluded that the service overall does not match the high quality of the accommodation.
We doubt that we would invest so much again to return – having dinner was just too stressful. Needing to speak to a manager every day is not on our list of preferred holiday activities – especially when nothing happened for days to make anything better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the North West Corner of Antigua where crystal clear waters lap onto secluded white sand beaches, Blue Waters Resort offers an island paradise. From your personal welcome, complete with cooled scented towel and rum punch, you will realise you are our valued guest. Featuring small secluded beach coves, seven freshwater pools and 17 acres of lush tropical gardens, Blue Waters provides the ideal setting for relaxing days by the pool or on the beach, cocktail in hand, or for reading a good book in the shade of the swaying palm trees. Having gently evolved and constantly improved over 50 years we offer a range of luxuriously appointed rooms to meet the needs of our guests, from hillside rooms in a garden setting to beachside rooms with renowned spectacular ocean views. For the more active guest we offer complimentary watersports, tennis and a newly refurbished gym. Our recently opened Elemis Spa and Hair Salon with its stunning ocean views provides a perfect setting for a pampering treatment or as part of a wedding package. Finish the day off dining at one of our 3 restaurants, each with a different ambience to suit your mood. Our staff is ready and waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Waters Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Blue Waters St Johns
- Hotel Blue Waters
- Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Blue Waters Antigua Saint John Parish