We only stayed at Blue Waters resort for a 1 week Virgin Holiday in late April and having read other pre-2010 reviews on tripadvisor were apprehensive about the quality of service and relatively remote location. We were 4 of a 9 strong wedding party and unfortunately our arrival from the airport and initial reception at the hotel did not go well! We arrived later than planned due to congestion at the small airport terminal (new and bigger one under construction!) and a poorly managed, bumpy transfer in the rain to find that the hotel had not been advised about our room and board requirements so were simply unprepared; The hotel management had, apparently, not been provided with the correct information about our stay by Virgin Holidays. Luckily we were prepared with full documentation (always a good plan.)
However, the management soon turned the situation around and they found us a very suitable two bedroomed suite elsewhere on the campus. From that point onwards our expectations were met on all fronts. Our concerns disappeared as quickly as the rain. The accommodation, three excellent restaurants, food and drink, very friendly staff (including management team) tropical gardens, private beaches with fantastic views of the Caribbean make the overall experience hard to beat. The wedding of our son to his new wife went like clockwork down to the finest detail - all due to the efficient and courteous staff. We very quickly forgot the world outside (of the manned security barrier) seen only during 3 excursions and the from the airport shuttle van (with seats and windows!) Local amenities are sparse - we only saw one restaurant on the way to St Johns (KFC) so without private transport the hotels 'All Inclusive' meal plan remains the best option especially for a young family.
Maintenance and cleanliness of rooms varied with who did the work but generally standard was high. Same with gardens, walkways, beaches, restaurants and pools (unfortunately we didn't have time to visit spa) with staff working from dawn 'til dusk - especially during preparations for a wedding ceremony where they start work at least 1 day in advance.
We would like to revisit the resort again in the future but like 'rob234' would arrange our own itinerary given the initial experience (which was unfortunately similar on the return journey to the airport!) We owe much of our great resort experience to Blue Waters management and their excellent teams.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the North West Corner of Antigua where crystal clear waters lap onto secluded white sand beaches, Blue Waters Resort offers an island paradise. From your personal welcome, complete with cooled scented towel and rum punch, you will realise you are our valued guest. Featuring small secluded beach coves, seven freshwater pools and 17 acres of lush tropical gardens, Blue Waters provides the ideal setting for relaxing days by the pool or on the beach, cocktail in hand, or for reading a good book in the shade of the swaying palm trees. Having gently evolved and constantly improved over 50 years we offer a range of luxuriously appointed rooms to meet the needs of our guests, from hillside rooms in a garden setting to beachside rooms with renowned spectacular ocean views. For the more active guest we offer complimentary watersports, tennis and a newly refurbished gym. Our recently opened Elemis Spa and Hair Salon with its stunning ocean views provides a perfect setting for a pampering treatment or as part of a wedding package. Finish the day off dining at one of our 3 restaurants, each with a different ambience to suit your mood. Our staff is ready and waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Waters Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Blue Waters St Johns
- Hotel Blue Waters
- Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Blue Waters Antigua Saint John Parish