I staid here with my wife and in-lass for one week, and overall we had a very good time.
There are lots of hotels in Antigua, some with a bigger beach, but they are in more remote locations in the south. The beach at BE is small, but never crowded, and there are plenty of watersports on offer, included a free snorkling trip to a nearby reef. Location is very good, as the north east of the island has all you need: restaurants, supermarkets, the Capital St John's and the airport. If you want to go down to English Harbour is 45 mins maximum.
Now the things to improve:
- the beachfront 'deluxe' rooms are dated and not very luxurious... the general manager told us they plan to fenovate them this summer, so watch this space (the hotel has already been renovated in many other areas);
- the price of the buffet lunch/dinner is way overpriced for the quality of food ($50). We generally had lunch choosing from the bar menu. You'd pay the same at their Cove reastaurant, where the food is much better.
Overall we'd go back again, as we had all we need from our week at blue waters, but hopefully the rooms will have been refurbished by next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the North West Corner of Antigua where crystal clear waters lap onto secluded white sand beaches, Blue Waters Resort offers an island paradise. From your personal welcome, complete with cooled scented towel and rum punch, you will realise you are our valued guest. Featuring small secluded beach coves, seven freshwater pools and 17 acres of lush tropical gardens, Blue Waters provides the ideal setting for relaxing days by the pool or on the beach, cocktail in hand, or for reading a good book in the shade of the swaying palm trees. Having gently evolved and constantly improved over 50 years we offer a range of luxuriously appointed rooms to meet the needs of our guests, from hillside rooms in a garden setting to beachside rooms with renowned spectacular ocean views. For the more active guest we offer complimentary watersports, tennis and a newly refurbished gym. Our recently opened Elemis Spa and Hair Salon with its stunning ocean views provides a perfect setting for a pampering treatment or as part of a wedding package. Finish the day off dining at one of our 3 restaurants, each with a different ambience to suit your mood. Our staff is ready and waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TravelUp, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Blue Waters Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Blue Waters St Johns
- Hotel Blue Waters
- Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Blue Waters Antigua Saint John Parish