I stayed at Blue Waters with a friend for a week before Xmas and can’t recommend it highly enough. The service is fantastic and everyone is so friendly and can’t do enough to help you. The check in accompanied by a welcome drink is very relaxed and much appreciated after a long haul flight. We opted for a twin hillside room rather than upgrade to a sea view room –but ended up having a sea view anyway, and the hillside rooms are further away from the restaurants/bar and so are more secluded. The hotel is so well laid out with extensive gardens, 3 small beaches, several swimming pools and beautiful gardens that even if it’s busy there is plenty of space for everyone and you can find a private spot to sunbathe in. We had one of the small beaches to ourselves much of the time as many people prefer to be by the pool/bar area, and for those who want to stay in the shade, there are numerous shaded areas.
We opted not to go all inclusive and were glad we made this choice, as the breakfast choice is so extensive and high quality that we didn’t need lunch. Afternoon tea at 4pm was enough to keep us full until dinner. The hotel will organize taxis if you want to travel into St Johns or around the island, although it’s very hard to tear yourself away from Blue Waters. We planned to visit the spa but just couldn’t bring ourselves to leave the beach, although the spa did look lovely and well worth a visit. My only niggle would be that the bathroom felt dated and could do with an update, and the water pressure and temperature in the shower wasn't great - but the room itself was spacious and had a hairdryer, iron - and plenty of clothes hangers which is often overlooked in hotels.
We came away for a relaxing break from work and winter in the UK and felt that we made a great choice and got very good value for money. Blue Waters is a fantastic hotel which I can’t recommend strongly enough for the high standards of service and friendliness of all its staff, the quality of the food, and the well thought out layout of the hotel and gardens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the North West Corner of Antigua where crystal clear waters lap onto secluded white sand beaches, Blue Waters Resort offers an island paradise. From your personal welcome, complete with cooled scented towel and rum punch, you will realise you are our valued guest. Featuring small secluded beach coves, seven freshwater pools and 17 acres of lush tropical gardens, Blue Waters provides the ideal setting for relaxing days by the pool or on the beach, cocktail in hand, or for reading a good book in the shade of the swaying palm trees. Having gently evolved and constantly improved over 50 years we offer a range of luxuriously appointed rooms to meet the needs of our guests, from hillside rooms in a garden setting to beachside rooms with renowned spectacular ocean views. For the more active guest we offer complimentary watersports, tennis and a newly refurbished gym. Our recently opened Elemis Spa and Hair Salon with its stunning ocean views provides a perfect setting for a pampering treatment or as part of a wedding package. Finish the day off dining at one of our 3 restaurants, each with a different ambience to suit your mood. Our staff is ready and waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Waters Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Blue Waters St Johns
- Hotel Blue Waters
- Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Blue Waters Antigua Saint John Parish