We spent one week in St. Lucia and the second week in Blue Waters in Antigua. The first week was lovely, the second week wonderful.
Blue Waters is is beautiful Hotel in a lovely location. There is plenty of space, three pools, three small beaches and safe swimming.
We had a Deluxe beachfront room which was wonderful, we were in the "700" block which is the newest, apart from the "Cove". We booked all Inclusive which is by far the best deal. A dinner is $55 + 10% service and 10% tax pp. Most people we spoke to who had booked B+B changed their meal plans after one night!
There are three restaurants. The main one being the Palm restaurant. Breakfast, Lunch, Tea and Dinner are served here. We thought that the Palm would be a buffet at night and the first night booked Vyviens - mistake - this was nowhere near as good as the Palms, which is Table D`hote most nights and the food is fantastic. The cocktails were also wonderful.
The staff are all great people and always full of fun, whilst being efficient.
I cannot find anything that was not excellent about this resort. The other guests were all like minded people and the average age was 50`s. Everyone looked smart at night ,which always makes it feel special. If, at the end of the day, you like to shower, dress up and go to a good restaurant, this is the place for you. The entertainment was good most nights with the staff joining in the dancing on a Wednesday was great fun.
The Hotel was permanently full whilst we were there, and most people seemed to have been there before which is always a good sign. - We will definately be returning!
Antigua is a great place to get about by car, though expect to get lost! We have been to the Island twice before and never ever felt threatened as we have on some other islands. Lots of wonderful beaches to vist - Half Moon Bay being our favourite - you have 365 to choose from - get a car and go out you will have a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the North West Corner of Antigua where crystal clear waters lap onto secluded white sand beaches, Blue Waters Resort offers an island paradise. From your personal welcome, complete with cooled scented towel and rum punch, you will realise you are our valued guest. Featuring small secluded beach coves, seven freshwater pools and 17 acres of lush tropical gardens, Blue Waters provides the ideal setting for relaxing days by the pool or on the beach, cocktail in hand, or for reading a good book in the shade of the swaying palm trees. Having gently evolved and constantly improved over 50 years we offer a range of luxuriously appointed rooms to meet the needs of our guests, from hillside rooms in a garden setting to beachside rooms with renowned spectacular ocean views. For the more active guest we offer complimentary watersports, tennis and a newly refurbished gym. Our recently opened Elemis Spa and Hair Salon with its stunning ocean views provides a perfect setting for a pampering treatment or as part of a wedding package. Finish the day off dining at one of our 3 restaurants, each with a different ambience to suit your mood. Our staff is ready and waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Waters Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Blue Waters St Johns
- Hotel Blue Waters
- Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Blue Waters Antigua Saint John Parish