As stated in my title review, this was the first time we have stayed at this hotel in Antigua and it exceeded all our expectations. We have stayed in a number of hotels in Antigua but found the staff certainly the most friendly at this hotel. We have also visited a lot of the popular islands in the Caribbean and I would class this as the best to date.
From the moment you arrive, being given a friendly greeting by the assistant manager, to receiving the customary Rum or Fruit Punch to the cold face cloth that is very welcome after the plane journey and short taxi journey from the airport. All this made us feel you are in a place that they want to make your stay enjoyable and they did not disappoint.
We had a 2nd floor sea view apartment no: 114, the room was adequate and kept very clean with a lovely view from the balcony. (See photo)
I would not say this hotel is for everyone, it is quite and sedate, or it was on the week we stayed. If your wanting loud noise and dancing, look elsewhere. If you wanting a quality, quiet holiday with courteous, polite, efficient staff in nice surroundings where you can relax and let the world go by it could be for you.
The standard of the food is good but the menu in the Cove and Birtleys was the same all week. As only one of the speciality restaurants is only open at one time there was enough good quality dining on the menu to not make it an issue. The Palm menu altered on a daily basis and again was of good quality.
The beaches are small and clean and during our stay never crowded. No matter what time of day we wanted to relax we always found a sun bed available.
I think the best recommendation I can give this hotel is that we had news of the Volcano eruption when we were there and our group of 4 said we hope the flights are cancelled, we did not want to come home and I very much hope to return to this hotel in the near future.
I could say more about this hotel but not to waste anyone’s time, read all the good reviews from people who have stayed here and you will have a feeling for how good this hotel is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the North West Corner of Antigua where crystal clear waters lap onto secluded white sand beaches, Blue Waters Resort offers an island paradise. From your personal welcome, complete with cooled scented towel and rum punch, you will realise you are our valued guest. Featuring small secluded beach coves, seven freshwater pools and 17 acres of lush tropical gardens, Blue Waters provides the ideal setting for relaxing days by the pool or on the beach, cocktail in hand, or for reading a good book in the shade of the swaying palm trees. Having gently evolved and constantly improved over 50 years we offer a range of luxuriously appointed rooms to meet the needs of our guests, from hillside rooms in a garden setting to beachside rooms with renowned spectacular ocean views. For the more active guest we offer complimentary watersports, tennis and a newly refurbished gym. Our recently opened Elemis Spa and Hair Salon with its stunning ocean views provides a perfect setting for a pampering treatment or as part of a wedding package. Finish the day off dining at one of our 3 restaurants, each with a different ambience to suit your mood. Our staff is ready and waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TravelUp, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Waters Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Blue Waters St Johns
- Hotel Blue Waters
- Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Blue Waters Antigua Saint John Parish