“1st time at this hotel in Antigua but hopefully not the last.”

Blue Waters Antigua
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in St. John's
Doncaster
“1st time at this hotel in Antigua but hopefully not the last.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

As stated in my title review, this was the first time we have stayed at this hotel in Antigua and it exceeded all our expectations. We have stayed in a number of hotels in Antigua but found the staff certainly the most friendly at this hotel. We have also visited a lot of the popular islands in the Caribbean and I would class this as the best to date.

From the moment you arrive, being given a friendly greeting by the assistant manager, to receiving the customary Rum or Fruit Punch to the cold face cloth that is very welcome after the plane journey and short taxi journey from the airport. All this made us feel you are in a place that they want to make your stay enjoyable and they did not disappoint.

We had a 2nd floor sea view apartment no: 114, the room was adequate and kept very clean with a lovely view from the balcony. (See photo)

I would not say this hotel is for everyone, it is quite and sedate, or it was on the week we stayed. If your wanting loud noise and dancing, look elsewhere. If you wanting a quality, quiet holiday with courteous, polite, efficient staff in nice surroundings where you can relax and let the world go by it could be for you.

The standard of the food is good but the menu in the Cove and Birtleys was the same all week. As only one of the speciality restaurants is only open at one time there was enough good quality dining on the menu to not make it an issue. The Palm menu altered on a daily basis and again was of good quality.

The beaches are small and clean and during our stay never crowded. No matter what time of day we wanted to relax we always found a sun bed available.

I think the best recommendation I can give this hotel is that we had news of the Volcano eruption when we were there and our group of 4 said we hope the flights are cancelled, we did not want to come home and I very much hope to return to this hotel in the near future.

I could say more about this hotel but not to waste anyone’s time, read all the good reviews from people who have stayed here and you will have a feeling for how good this hotel is.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RandKDoncaster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

A week spent a Blue Waters in Antigua was the perfect experience for relaxation in the tropical sun. My husband and I traveled to Antigua for our last vacation before our first baby was born. The resort is beautiful and due to May/June being the "down season" in Antigua, the resort was fairly empty. Each day we were able to easier get a sun lounger at the beach or pools. We did opt for the all inclusive option, which did appear to be the best option. The all inclusive included all meals, drinks, and a stocked mini bar. This was especially great due to the large need I had for bottled water. The meals were fairly the same from day to day, but far better than many all inclusives we have been to in the past. Overall, I would recommend this resort for relaxation & especially for babymoons!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Savvie1
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

We spent 14 days at Blue Waters and loved every minute. We were blessed with mainly sunny weather. This is our fifth stay at Blue Waters and what has always drawn us back is the kindness, courtesy and general happiness of all the staff who go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Blue Waters grounds are immaculate and very pretty, the beach (although small) is more than adequate, calm waters and very clear water during our stay. We stayed in a beachfront room with fantastic views of the grounds and ocean. The rooms could benefit with updating especially the bathrooms but they are kept very clean by the housekeeping staff. The food in the Palms is varied and of good quality, Bartleys is also excellent and in a very different setting. The Cove we found to be a little too long winded waiting for service. Once again, we will definately return in the future for the lovely setting but mostly for the fantastic staff.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beeney
Copenhagen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

We can not immagine a better place to spend holidays in the Caribbean than Blue Waters Antigua. The most beautiful hotel we could wish for and in a stunning setting. The friendly and attentive management and staff make you feel at home and welcome. You have all the facilities you could wish for as well as excellent beaches and pools. Hire a car a couple of days and explore the charmning island. Walk the streets of St. Johns and enjoy the Caribbean atmosphere.
Kirsten and Jan Bahnson, Denmark

Room Tip: The Cove Suites are highly recommended.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bahnson
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

I stayed in a lovely room which was kept immaculately clean throughout my stay. The views were some of the best I have seen. The sea was clear turquoise with a warmth and stillness which made swimming in the sea a joy.
I dined at all three restaurants and found the food delicious and the service very attentive.
The best meal was the rib eye steak which was superb!
The hotel staff were friendly, always calling me by my name and always there to help!
I love the coconut crush - simply delicious.
I used the gym everyday during my stay to burn off the calories of the coconut crushes! It was air conditioned and had enough equipment that is the same as my London gym to keep me fit whilst away.
I have stayed in so many great hotels and love Bluewaters for the relaxing ambiance and setting.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank herin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

Went here for our wedding and we were treated like royalty. Nothing was too much for them, they did everything we asked of them. Wedding went perfectly. Try the villa room as they were imense. Any questions please feel free to ask.

• Stayed November 2010
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

The best meal was the rib eye steak which was superb!
I love the coconut crush - simply delicious.

• Stayed May 2011
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,227 reviews
Hermitage Bay
Hermitage Bay
#1 of 7 in Saint Mary's

Been to Blue Waters Antigua? Share your experiences!