The location of the hotel was perfect, a short drive to St John's, and off the beaten path so it was nice and peaceful.
The hotel itself was tired, needs a good overhaul. The rooms were clean and the top floor suite was really spacious. The hotel grounds were nice and the beach was perfect (expect for all the washed up jellyfish, which were taken care of every morning).
Then jellyfish came in the bay late morning and were a pain in the [--] trying to avoid them. If you go to deep bay only a 10 minute walk, it was much better (being no jellyfish) and calmer.
The food at the resort got old after 7 days the buffets had limited selection, but was okay, for the 220 dollars Canadian per night it cost both of us we weren't expecting anything great. The meals at night were much better, you always had a choice between 3 meals meat, fish or vegetarian. I tried the fish as often as I could and it was great except for the fish and chips, the fish was battered over the skin and bones, which I think is not very appetizing. I asked some of the English people there and they said it was normal for them. yeah maybe for them but not for Canadians.
Speaking of English people there were way too many of them, most of them aren't that fun, there were a few couples that were great but the majority should have stayed in Europe.
But all in all the island was nice, we took the trip out to Barbuda and it was not worth the $300 American for the both of us, just another Caribbean beach and the sand is not as pink as you read about. Save your money and don't go and enjoy the day at your resort.
That is my 2 cents. take it how you want.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Beach Club is an affordable all inclusive resort also offering room only accommodations. We are a small, intimate and friendly and cater mainly to couples who want a quiet, restful and laid back Caribbean vacation. All rooms are beach front and include air conditioning, balcony with hammock and easy chairs, ceiling fan, fridge, bath and shower, hair dryer, coffee maker and telephone. Junior suites include dining facilities and kitchenette. Deluxe Suites have an extra bedroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Coconut Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Beach Club Hotel St. John`s
- Coconut Beach Hotel
- Coconut Beach Resort
- Coconut Beach Club Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Coconut Beach Antigua