I just had to write this review to express how perfect this hotel is!
We spent our first week in St Lucia, in a 4* hotel, and then flew to Coconut Beach Club with my husband. This hotel totally exceeded my expectations and I have been telling everyone to go there - I still quite haven't got over how amazing it was!
All members of staff were very friendly and willing to help with anything, even silly queries. I couldn't get the shower to work, so they sent someone across straight away to show me how. They didn't make me feel stupid either.
All food is of excellent quality, so much so that when I went on excursions, I thought, "Oh no, I'm missing lunch at the hotel now..." Breakfast and lunch are buffets (they vary the food each day). Dinner is a la carte five nights a week, and buffet two nights. Whatever you choose from the menu, you know it will be of the highest quality. There is also an English style high tea in the afternoon with biscuits/cakes fresh from the oven - on the day I had chocolate chip cookies, the chocolate was still melting, and the cookies were still hot and soft... Absolutely delicious. I really cannot emphasise enough how great the food is: I can safely say that the trout was the best meal I have ever eaten anywhere in my 29 years.
Our room was huge and was well air-conditioned. The furniture was conservatory-style with two sofas and two chairs (yes, it was that big) and a table. There was no TV in our room but there was a communal one (I love my TV, but we didn't miss having one in our room - it meant we got to talk to other people). Our patio had two comfortable chairs and a hammock, and unlike most hotels, we did sometimes use this for relaxing if the weather got too hot. The view from our room was amazing - it looked straight out onto a beach with white sand and turquoise waters. We never got hassled by any sellers (unlike on other holidays).
In the evenings, everyone gathers around the bar and talks to one another, which is lovely. The bartender joins in too - the staff are so friendly. There is live entertainment once a week, but this is on a Sunday night and we weren't there then so I can't comment on this. There is also a cocktail party every Thursday, where there was a guy playing steel drums brilliantly. We had snacks and a delicious cocktail. If you do want more entertainment, St John's is just a short taxi ride away.
People staying at the hotel tended to be adults (I'm not really sure they'd cater too well for children, though I'm not sure) but they were of all ages post 18. Everyone talked to each other regardless of age or background and never have I stayed in such a friendly hotel.
It has been a pleasure to stay in this hotel. The view from my room, the taste of the food and the friendliness of the people will never be forgotten. I do hope to return to Antigua one day, and I will make sure that I will stay in Coconut Beach Club. I like to give constructive feedback but I honestly think that this IS perfection. If you like relaxation and are considering this hotel, book now! If you like clubbing every night... maybe this isn't the hotel for you (perhaps come back in a few years time though to appreciate it fully!).
If you want a trip to Paradise, Coconut Beach Club is the place to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Beach Club is an affordable all inclusive resort also offering room only accommodations. We are a small, intimate and friendly and cater mainly to couples who want a quiet, restful and laid back Caribbean vacation. All rooms are beach front and include air conditioning, balcony with hammock and easy chairs, ceiling fan, fridge, bath and shower, hair dryer, coffee maker and telephone. Junior suites include dining facilities and kitchenette. Deluxe Suites have an extra bedroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Beach Club Hotel St. John`s
- Coconut Beach Hotel
- Coconut Beach Resort
- Coconut Beach Club Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Coconut Beach Antigua