“Absolute Perfection”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in St. John's
Coventry
“Absolute Perfection”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I just had to write this review to express how perfect this hotel is!

We spent our first week in St Lucia, in a 4* hotel, and then flew to Coconut Beach Club with my husband. This hotel totally exceeded my expectations and I have been telling everyone to go there - I still quite haven't got over how amazing it was!

All members of staff were very friendly and willing to help with anything, even silly queries. I couldn't get the shower to work, so they sent someone across straight away to show me how. They didn't make me feel stupid either.

All food is of excellent quality, so much so that when I went on excursions, I thought, "Oh no, I'm missing lunch at the hotel now..." Breakfast and lunch are buffets (they vary the food each day). Dinner is a la carte five nights a week, and buffet two nights. Whatever you choose from the menu, you know it will be of the highest quality. There is also an English style high tea in the afternoon with biscuits/cakes fresh from the oven - on the day I had chocolate chip cookies, the chocolate was still melting, and the cookies were still hot and soft... Absolutely delicious. I really cannot emphasise enough how great the food is: I can safely say that the trout was the best meal I have ever eaten anywhere in my 29 years.

Our room was huge and was well air-conditioned. The furniture was conservatory-style with two sofas and two chairs (yes, it was that big) and a table. There was no TV in our room but there was a communal one (I love my TV, but we didn't miss having one in our room - it meant we got to talk to other people). Our patio had two comfortable chairs and a hammock, and unlike most hotels, we did sometimes use this for relaxing if the weather got too hot. The view from our room was amazing - it looked straight out onto a beach with white sand and turquoise waters. We never got hassled by any sellers (unlike on other holidays).

In the evenings, everyone gathers around the bar and talks to one another, which is lovely. The bartender joins in too - the staff are so friendly. There is live entertainment once a week, but this is on a Sunday night and we weren't there then so I can't comment on this. There is also a cocktail party every Thursday, where there was a guy playing steel drums brilliantly. We had snacks and a delicious cocktail. If you do want more entertainment, St John's is just a short taxi ride away.

People staying at the hotel tended to be adults (I'm not really sure they'd cater too well for children, though I'm not sure) but they were of all ages post 18. Everyone talked to each other regardless of age or background and never have I stayed in such a friendly hotel.

It has been a pleasure to stay in this hotel. The view from my room, the taste of the food and the friendliness of the people will never be forgotten. I do hope to return to Antigua one day, and I will make sure that I will stay in Coconut Beach Club. I like to give constructive feedback but I honestly think that this IS perfection. If you like relaxation and are considering this hotel, book now! If you like clubbing every night... maybe this isn't the hotel for you (perhaps come back in a few years time though to appreciate it fully!).

If you want a trip to Paradise, Coconut Beach Club is the place to go.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank covgal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Northants
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Coconut Beach Club and all of it's staff made our stay and our wedding so wonderful!!

The staff are so friendly, we were a group of 15 and considering this is a small resort nothing was too much trouble.

The resort is very reasonable in price but what you receive in return is fantastic food, attentive, friendly and hard working staff, well kept rooms and grounds, gorgeous pool and a resort with a lovely, charming and relaxing atmosphere.

You can see the resort is slowly being modernised and revamped and in it's current form is definitely a lovely, relaxing place to holiday - once some of the finer details are added, like more space to lounge by the pool, lounge chairs in the bar area, a little more evening entertainment etc this resort will quickly become one of the best in the area!

Nicole the Manageress and all staff made our wedding day so special, they worked so hard to create everything we asked and with no stress to us - even the legal part (going to the High Court) was stress free and most of it, apart from us signing the paperwork, was done by G from the resort!!

You will have a fantastic time here if you enjoy relaxing, friendly staff and guests, peace and quiet, rustic charm, fantastic food at an affordable price.

Tip: Yes, there are biting insects, this is because it's a tropical island and no resort, whatever the price tag can stop this, so just don't forget the insect repellent and anti histamines.

My husband and I had a fantastic time and would not hesitate to recommend!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Lor4
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I rarely write reviews but do use them for information. Having read reviews of this hotel I was confident of a reasonale holiday. What a surprise when the hoiday I have just experienced exceeded my expectations completely. Yes the hotel lacks TVs, has little entertainment and is quite rustic in its set up but what a place to unwind amongst staff who only want to be helpful with excellent food and drink. Give it a go.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Ian S
northants
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were a party of 15 that stayed here for my sisters wedding.
On arrival we were given cold towels and rum punch, the check in was smooth. Nicole the hotel manager even carried my dads case up 2 flights of stairs, this was the first of many times Nicole and her team went above and beyond to help us.
The hotel has a relaxed laid back atmosphere. Having only 38 rooms means its never over crowded and everyone talks to everyone.
Its really nice to have the beach the bar and the pool in one place, so no long walk when getting a drink.
The food was excellent, lots of variety and the service was fantastic.
The staff really make this hotel, huge thanks to Chris, Anya, Tanza, Brett, Cliffton, Sizzler, and bernadatte, who were so helpful and always smiling. We have honestly never met such nice people.
The wedding was wonderful, and Nicole even managed to sort out a steel band at very short notice for that evening.
Antigua is a beautiful island, we did the helicopter trip and the Wadadli catamaran trips, both well worth the money, and really easy to organise. Have a chat with Frenchie, he will sort everything out for you, hes at the hotel everyday, and what this man doesnt know about antigua isnt worth knowing.
Just a couple of tips, dont bother taking a hairdryer, the ones in the room are really good and our ones from home didnt work properly. Make sure you have plenty of insect repellent as the sandflies are a pain. The hotel fogs every 2 days but it is a tropical island so insects are to be expected.
Coconut beach club is close to St Johns, which is well worth a look around. If you need a taxis just speak to G, hes the hotels taxis driver and such a genuine bloke. He will look after you.
CBC is excellent value for money, we were really well looked after, thanks again to all the staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank sn-jm
Conn.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We bought a day pass here while traveling on a cruise. My husband and I each paid 45.00 and got full use of the pool, beach, open bar and buffet lunch. We loved it here. It was very relaxing and quiet. The beach was gorgeous and the infinity pool views were amazing. The only small complaint was the food at the buffet lunch. It was just 'ok'. Not a lot of choices. We would definitely go here again on a day pass but, don't think I'd spend a week here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Pamywyner
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

- Firstly, the food is gorgeous.. didn't get samey like a lot of hotels. Service incredible and always with a smile.
- The bar was great.. open from 10am til late! Has a cocktail of the day which I looked forward to and you could have as many drinks as you like, no trouble!
- Swimming pool could be bigger, however with the beach just centimetres away you couldnt care less.
- Lovely golden sands, Clear sea, has a boat you can take out if you wish and didnt have to do the early towel on the sunbed routine!! BONUS!
- Lots of great trips to go on.. all day boat trip with bbq on beach, dancing on the boat, choice to go snorkling etc. Safaris, the lot!
- Rooms spacious and relaxing, very clean and not dated.

Overall brilliant holiday and I will definitely be returning (when I can afford it again!)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Emma L
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I would agree with recent reviewers, that there are some small things that would make the CBC a good 4 star resort, but what hasn't been shouted about is the fantastic atmosphere this hotel has! Everyone without exception was really friendly and chatty. My husband is usually a man of few words, but here, he was so relaxed he was the life and soul of the bar!!

There was a mixture of 20 something's right throught to 60 something's, and everyone made time to talk and swap stories about what/ where they had been that day. We were a couple in our 40s with a 12 yr old boy. It was nice to have him away from the TV and Xbox, and he loved going to the bar early evening and chatting to whoever was around!! (Thank you Chris, he really enjoyed his rum punch without the run!!!) I cannot stress enough that what the CBC lacks in finesse, it makes up for with atmosphere and lovely guests.

The weather was sunny, cloudy with rain showers a few times a day. We had a few heavy dorms but they were overnight, and apart from waking us up didn't have any impact on us at all. It was a truly lovely holiday, and I would come back again but would combine it with another hotel with a bit more going on, just to get the contrast.

Room Tip: If you like a nice glass of wine, go into St Johns and visit C&C wine bar. (Cutie the owner liv...