We have stayed here before, so know pretty much what to expect and as on previous visits we are never disappointed.
The welcome extended by all staff to us as repeat guests is lovely, its a bit like coming home after a long trip.
We had no problems with sand fly or mosquito bites, we used M&S Formula 50% deet repellent which was the best we have ever used, however some guests feel that insect bites are the hotels fault, the hotel cannot be blamed in any way for insect bites, Antigua is a tropical island and insect bites are par for the course.
We met 4 or 5 other repeat guests who we had met before which was a nice surprise and also met some other lovely people from around the world.
We booked the Excellence circumnavigation with Frenchie and I must say it was one of the best trips we have ever been on in the Caribbean.
The food at CBC was of a particularly high standard for what after all is a 3* hotel, the kitchen staff will, if asked prepare food just the way you want it, Tyrones Lobster Thermidor was superb, thanks Tyrone.
Yes, the CBC is a bit tired around the edges but thats part of its charm, that and the amazing staff who cant do enough for guests, we thank each and every one of you and look forward to seeing you again soon.
We found the sunbeds plentiful and comfortable and never had to reserve early mornings as in so many other hotels, there are some with cushions near the pool which another reviewer obviously did'nt spot !
All in all a great holiday, would we return ? definately yes asap !
The only downside was a middle aged woman sunbathing topless on the beach which spoilt the beautiful view of the Caribbean from the bar/pool area, hahaha never mind, it takes all sorts.
Thank you CBC, see you again soon and some of those diehard repeat guests, see you soon too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Beach Club is an affordable all inclusive resort also offering room only accommodations. We are a small, intimate and friendly and cater mainly to couples who want a quiet, restful and laid back Caribbean vacation. All rooms are beach front and include air conditioning, balcony with hammock and easy chairs, ceiling fan, fridge, bath and shower, hair dryer, coffee maker and telephone. Junior suites include dining facilities and kitchenette. Deluxe Suites have an extra bedroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Beach Club Hotel St. John`s
- Coconut Beach Hotel
- Coconut Beach Resort
- Coconut Beach Club Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Coconut Beach Antigua