After a long wait at passport control and the scramble outside, a nice touch at the Virgin desk was a bottle of water.
Arrival was dealt with in a friendly informative way. Shown to our room and how things worked, A/C and patio doors etc. A/C was good and quiet in our suite.
We had a 3rd floor (top floor) suite very spacious, sitting room, kitchenette, bathroom and large bedroom. All kept very clean daily. Good view from both balconies, both had chairs. Watched the cruise liners come in am and leave pm. Coffee machine and ground coffee bags, tea bags and if you need real milk you can I believe get this from bar or restaurant. Once you have purchased bottled water in the reception shop you can get bottle filled up at bar for your kettle.
Frenchie greeted us by the pool and gently introduced himself, let us finish our drinks then came back to chat about trips he could offer. We had read about him on Trip Adviser so happy to book with him. All trips went well. The Day Trip was very good and we felt as though we knew far more history about the island but not in a heavy way. We covered the whole island easily in a day and lunch at a local restaurant was included and very good. Tour guide was called Shelton (Shelly).
The hotel might be described as rustic, but in a comfortable way. The staff were helpful and friendly and attentive.
If it is very windy speak to reception and they will call the hotel nearby and you can go through the grounds to Deep Bay, which is amazingly sheltered and quiet. It's a well worth walk.
The shuttle trip to St Johns is good too. Leaves 9am and then leaves St Johns 12 noon to return for an afternoon on the beach.
Mosquito and sand flies were present, take precautions, especially at night.
Lots of birds to watch, amazing hummingbirds.
All wine was drinkable! Rosé I buy in Sainsburys!
My only dissapointment? Black pineapples aren't really black!
I would go and stay again it was very relaxing and friendly, I would say couples only, not necessary to be over 60yrs...... We're not and had a lovely time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Beach Club is an affordable all inclusive resort also offering room only accommodations. We are a small, intimate and friendly and cater mainly to couples who want a quiet, restful and laid back Caribbean vacation. All rooms are beach front and include air conditioning, balcony with hammock and easy chairs, ceiling fan, fridge, bath and shower, hair dryer, coffee maker and telephone. Junior suites include dining facilities and kitchenette. Deluxe Suites have an extra bedroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Beach Club Hotel St. John`s
- Coconut Beach Hotel
- Coconut Beach Resort
- Coconut Beach Club Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Coconut Beach Antigua