My husband and I just returned from Sandals Grande Antigua. We had recently taken our children to Beaches and LOVED it, so our expection for Sandals in Antigua was pretty high. The look of the hotel is dated, there is loud construction going on ALL the time. The food is pretty boring and very much the same in all the restaurants. After our great trip to Beaches, with its friendly staff, again we were expecting much more. Not much need for friendliess, except from the Playmakers. Sandals needed to be very honest with all its customers about the New Mediterranean Village, which appears to be MONTHS away from being finished.
On the lighter side the off property excursions are really great, and the island is very beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish