Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$180
$235
$165
$180
$145
$356
$232
Ocean Point Resort & Spa(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$164
$175
Antigua Village(St. John's)
$144
$411
Jumby Bay Island(St. John's)
$1,431
7,109 results
All reviewsok corralbutler servicecaribbean sidedrunken duckmediterranean villagemain poolsushi barbayside restaurantcafe de parisred lane spaclub levelcaribbean groveswim up barour honeymoonmediterranean poolpiano barbutler suite
Reviewed March 23, 2010

This Sandals is amazing! Everything from our check in to our check out was an experience! The property is beautiful the flowers, gardens everything! We were upgraded in our room as Sandals select guests and what a room it is. Once again, Sandals did not disappoint. Our meals were excellent, the drinks flowing, service amazing, people we met enjoyable, so much to see and do. I am a very hard person to please in travel I hate to say but I was one happy camper here! Thank you everyone for an amazing 5 days!

2  Thank Loophole99
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We just returned from Sandals Grande Antigua and I can only say we had an "alright" experience.
We arrived on Sunday the 14th and were quite busy until the Tuesday b/c we were getting married there. The wedding was great and Shernell, our co-ordinator was great.

The resort is absolutely beautiful. The food and drinks are great and there is always lots of it. Depending on how busy the resort is when you go, you may have to book the "reservation required" 48 hours in advance. We had to book 48 hours in advance b/c we were there over march break and the place was at full capacity.

Now for the negatives about our weddingmoon. We decided to get a room in the CG side of the resort so that we could be close to the beach. The beach was very close which was nice. However, the frangipani building has not been updated yet and although our room seemed pretty light and clean, the bathroom was not up to my standards. It was very dated and there was black on the grout and the bathtub was discoloured. I couldn't wait to get home to our bathroom where we have a separate shower and tub with water pressure. The first 24 hours we were there we didn't have any hot water. This was a problem in the whole building that they fixed the next afternoon. I also didn't like that the sides of the windows in the bathroom don't have glass (just screens) so bugs get in and it's always hot and humid in the bathroom. Not fun when I'm trying to do my hair.

The next disappointment of the trip was that we had cockroaches in our room on three separate occasions. It took the housekeeping 2 days to spray our room but we still had a little critter the next day. There was another couple staying in room 101 that had one too. I guess b/c there are so many trees and gardens in this area, it is a problem, but they need to address it further.

The last thing that I will comment on is related to the rooms being dated. The frangipani building has not been refurbished yet and therefore have old safes in the rooms that require a key. We arrived on the Sunday and we did not get a key for our safe until the Friday b/c they didn't have any. I guess sometimes people lose them and they have to get new ones. We realized on the Fri morning that we had had money stolen from my bag in our room on the Thursday while we were on an excursion. One of the staff took $160 from my purse and since I always count my money, I realized it was gone. The couple staying below us had the same problem. They had $200 stolen. With a lot of persistence (a pain in the butt) we ended up getting the lost money credited on our bill. What a hassle that was to get the money back. So beware of theft. I've heard that the Sandals staff only make minimum wage and since they can't receive tips, I guess this is what they resort to.

The excursions we went on were great. We did the 4X4 Jeep Safari Discovery and we saw the whole island. It is a great tour b/c you can see the whole island and the tourist sites in one day. We also went on the Eco-Kayak Tour which was great as well. This one includes a jeep safari tour, kayaking, snorkeling, and a little hike up bird island.

All in all, this resort is wonderful and the grounds are spectacular. We had a few problems which kind of put a damper on our stay and our honeymoon. I just wish we stayed on the Med. side. I think our experience would have been completely different if we did. We couldn't upgrade b/c the place was booked so we had no options.

Oh, another thing. The concierge service is a waste. Don't book a room b/c of concierge service. You can use them anyways and for the excursions, it's easier to book at the tour desk since you have to go there to get your receipt anyways. We found that this service did nothing for us. Now a butler, that would have been nice!!!

I'm putting some pics of our room on so people can see what the Grande Luxe Beachfront Concierge room looks like. We could never find any pics of it before our trip. Feel free to email me if you have any questions or want to see other pics. We have lots of them.

7  Thank gigglegal
Reviewed March 22, 2010

My wife and I travelled down with 24 close family and friends for the wedding of our dreams. The wedding staff was tremendous and met all of our needs, we couldn't have asked for a better place to be married at. Roma and Nasasha were both great to work with and truly care about each individual couple. If anyone has any questions feel free to message me.

We stayed in the luxury suite with pool and it was amazing. Both rooms were huge and the butlers did a great job with everything. One small complaint was that it rarely dropped below 72 in the room with the air blowing at max. There were a few nights that got pretty stuffy and we attempted to move rooms but the resort was at capacity. It is possible that it was just our suite and the location of it to the sun.

The restaurants all had plenty of food and were easy to get into as long as you made reservations 1+ day early. Eleanors was our favorite. The chicken and lobster were supreme. Marios was a close second. We also loved the sushi bar. They have about 6 rolls and 4 sushimi on the menu along with daily specials that they serve. It was amazing. However, Kimonos was a letdown. They don't put on a show at all at the grill and don't compare to an average one in the USA.

Pool Volleyball is great as well as the dance parties at Cricketers.

Overall this is a great place to relax and unwind while not having to worry about food and drinks. Don't expect a 5 star restaurant and you are guaranteed to come away happy!

Final thought, staff was amazingly nice and always went out of their way to say hi and smile. I don't understand some of the poor reviews of staff. On our 9 night stay we only encountered 2 wait staff members that were unfriendly which was amazing!

3  Thank cwillia3
Reviewed March 21, 2010

We stayed at sandals grande st. lucia from feburary 26-march 6th. This was our 3rd sandals stay being our first trip to antigua. We previously stayed at Sandals Dunn's River and Sandals Whitehouse. The Island of Antigua is very beautiful and one of the least rainiest islands in the carribean.

ARRIVAL
The ride to the resort took only about 15 min which was great! We arrived at about 4:00 and were given champaign and a cool towel upon arrival. we were then taken to our room.

ROOM
we stayed on the mediteranian side of the resort. we were in the monte carlo honeymoon oceanview suite on the fifth floor. We had a wonderful view from our room huge bathroom, wonderful bed and nice bar=) this was definitaly the nicest room that we have stayed in out of the 3 sandals we have been to.

POOL AND BEACH AND BAR
the main pool was great we hung out there every day. At night we would go get in the hot tub in the main pool and it was nice. we never got in any of the other pools in the carribean side. the swim up pool bar was nice and the chocolate monkeys and the sue ann special drinks from the bar were wonderful!! the beach unfortunitaly is eroding away bad. while the week we were there the fence by barefoot by the sea at the end of the week had been knocked down by the erosion. very sad. really NO beach on mediteranian side of the resort. if you walked down tword the carribean side of the resort the beach was better there. I loved this resort but the beach was definitaly much better and secluded at sandals whitehouse.

FOOD
I really enjoyed all of the food. I never had a bad meal at all. I actually thought out of the sandals we have been to that the food here was the best.
BAREFOOT BY THE SEA
we ate here two evenings and was very good. had good fish and lobster. My husband even asked them if he could have 2 lobsters instead of one and they happily gave him two. we also ate here 2 times for lunch. for lunch they had burgers, quesadalls,wraps etc
MARIOS
on mediteranian side, they had wonderful swordfish that both me and my husband had.
you could eat breakfast here but we never did. this restaurant was enclosed and we enjoyed eating at bayside looking over the ocean.
BAYSIDE
we ate here every morning for beakfast and loved the openness. plenty of food to choose from. we ate here several times for lunch. always buffet style. different themes of foood different days. was very good
KIMINOS
you have to make reservations to eat here. Difinitaly worth it. we had wonderfull food here. they cook right infront of you.they seat you at a table with 4 other couples. Its a good way to meet other people. there is also a suchi bar at kiminos that you can go to anytime at night without reservations and was very good.
PIZZARIA
we ate here one day for lunch. nice little pizzas but it does seem to take a while. good though.
BEACH PARTY
defintaly do this. It is on monday nights. it was lots of fun with good food. this was the best beach party that i have been between the 3 sandals. they had a steel drum band playing then a band with singer and they had everyone up doing conga line and other fun dances and then a fire eating man and other activites. Lots of fun!!
PRIVATE CANDLELIGHT DINNER
this is an extra 170.00 we like to do this for our anniversary night. you pick what food you want prior to dinner and you sit right on the beach and you get your own private server. we enjoy it quite well and makes for a nice romantic evening.

ENTERTAINMENT AND PLAYMAKERS
we really enjoyed the entertainment. you get a paper in your room the night before that has everything that is going on the next day. during the day they would have volleyball, name that tune by the pool, tye dying class, bracelet making class, etc. at night they had a band on the mediteranian side and they also had a band and or entertainment on the carribean side. always plenty to choose from. then they had music, or karioki at the pub starting at 11. the playmakers were great here. we had fun interacting with them. I really liked stooch she was lots of fun.

GROUNDS
everything is so lush and beautiful. There are flowers everywhere. they are constantly watering and taking care of everything.

we did go snorekling one day. they take you out a little ways. i did not like the snorkeling here too much the reef was dead and water was cloudy. we did however take the sandals exclusive cercumnavigation arround the whole island. It only goes on wednesdays. It was lots of fun and a great way to see the beautiful island. it takes you 30 miles in the carribean ocean and 30 miles in the atlantic. which the day we went were 8 ft. waves but lots of fun!! we also stoped at green Island for lunch and snorekling. snorekling here was GREAT. the water was so clear and you could see lots of life below! tword the end of the catamaran trip i rode at the end of the boat with my feet hanging over the water and it was so awsome the see the beautiful bluegreen water rishing below my feet. not to mention the great view!! I definitaly recomend the trip.

we also took our laptop and for 30.oo for the whole week you can use wireless internet. we used skype to talk back home.

now some peolple might not like having there pictures taken or the prices to buy them but i love it. We always buy the cd with unlimited images. It is 295.00 but we ended up with 160 pictures. It gives us good memories and we like to set up a photo shoot for anniversary pictures ( which is no extra cost) we enjoy it =)

we also went to they returning guest dinner. we met some great people and the food was quite good. Its nice to see the people that are receving there silver and gold sandals and on there free week after 70 paid nights =)

our flight was scheduled to leave at 3:55pm and we left the resort to go to the airport at 1:00. they do have a departure lounge on the 2nd floor. once at the airport you do have to pay a departure tax of 28.00 per person. so be prepaired for that.

We enjoyed our stay here very much and me and my husband look forward to our sandals vacation every year.we enjoy the time together (as we have 3 kids at home) this always gives us a chance to reconnect and i have to say that sandals definitaly helps with that! I definitaly recomend this resort!! we are booked for this july to take our kids to beaches boscobel in jamaica and we booked for our anniversary trip to sandals grande st. lucia in march 2011. Im already counting down the days =)

6  Thank RIsaacson
Reviewed March 21, 2010

My husband and I returned a week ago. There are ups and downs just like any hotel. Your vacation is what you make it!! We absolutely loved the short ride from the airport to the Resort! We arrived and were greated with a lovely glass of champagne and cold towels. They told us our room wasn't ready....no problem. Then - we were greated by Sonya!! She is absolutely and asset to Sandals! She is the Director of Guest Relations for a reason. she told us we were upgraded and showed us to our room. she explained that we would be staying on the CG side the first night and could upgrade again the the Med sied if we wanted the next day. What a surprise!! She personaly showed us to our room. We were slightly disappointed with the room. We were in room 107. It has not been refurbished yet. The air contitioner did not work. It had really bad lighting as well. But - hey - it would only be one night. The next day we were taken to room 7112. It was simply amazing!!! We had arrived!!! The room was gorgeous - clean and just do die for! I could have moved into this room.

We absolutely can not say enough about the dive team. My husband and I are pretty seasoned divers. We have done dives from Australia to Palau. The team at Sandals made us feel very safe and comfortable. We also snorkeled one day. It was some pretty rough waters. But it was a nice afternoon activity. It is included in the cost so you can't go wrong! It would be nice if they did tell you when you sign up that the boat does not pull up to a dock. you do have to carry your belongings and or dive gear out to the boat. That was fun to watch!!

We have eatten sushi all over the world. The Sushi Bar at Sandals is a hidden gem! We went in one night for appetizers while we waited for our 9:15 Elenor's reservations. I wish we would have just eaten dinner at the sushi bar!! Chris and the other sushi chef were very personable and knew what they were doing. The sushi was very fresh! It was just simply delightful!! Nichael at the OK Corral should be promoted. she was the best server we had all week. She was prompt and friendly. She took the time to chat with us and yet was taking care of all her tables. We loved her service! andy and Niels at the Cricketers Pub....WOW!! The are 2 of the best bartenders! Just could not get enough of them!

I hope this review helps you all make a decision to go to Sandals. We would go back!

10  Thank NJSHORECPL