I would have to say that the resort itself was beautiful. We were there for 7 nights for our wedding and honeymoon.
The wedding - The wedding was beautiful and we were not rushed at all. The marriage officiant was very nice and we got some great pics. They were a bit expensive but if we had went through with the whole big wedding..the wedding pics would have been expensive anyway. Once the wedding was over we got a small reception. The food was not great but I am not that into seafood. When we got back to the room they had covered it in some type of flowers. It was cute. The wedding dinner was nice. They held it at the Italian Restaraunt. They put us right next to the beach.
Now on to the food. I would have to say that there wasnt much flavor to the food. There wasnt much variation in the menu either. You pretty much had to order what was listed. The cooks at the snack bar were slow and not very nice. We did have 24 hr room service, so that was good. I would have to say that Kimonos was the best and it was a great way to get to know other couples because they sit 10 couples to a table.
The room - We decided to splurge and stay in the best room they offered - The Honeymoon Garden Rondoval with Private Plunge Pool. The room was actually small. The bathroom was horribly small. We did have a TV with cable and a fridge that was always kept full with sodas, juices and beer. The minibar was restocked daily. We were given almost any type of liqour we wanted. There were a few that were not offered for free, but most of them were free. We had a butler for the room. This is definitely the way to go. Honestly, the butler service wasn't great but it did help a lot. I think that they are assigned too many rooms. The pool was cute. It was about the size of two jacuzzis. It was worth the money just to be able to rest in that pool everyday together.
The beach - First off..let me tell u that the worst thing about the beach is the vendors. They will come up to u even while u r eating. They do leave u alone if u say no but they woke me up a couple of times. The beach is beautiful. It looks just like a postcard. That view made it all worth it!
Let me say in closing that the cooks were not the nicest people and the vendors were annoying but the memories of how beautiful Antigua was makes the trip well worth the money we paid!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish