Good Evening All:
My husband and I spent our Honeymoon at Sandals in Antigua,9/18/06-9/25/06. First off I will say THANK GOD for tripadvisor this site really prepared us for what was to come. Once we arrived on the property which was very well kept we were greeted with cold towels, this was very refreshing after coming off of a long 7 hour flight. The hotel transfer service was great as well. Our room wasn't ready which meant we had to wait for 2 hours for a room to be prepared for us. Once our rooms was ready we went straight in. The room was very well kept. However, I wasn't pleased with HOUSEKEEPING'S SIGN regarding the conservation of water and electricity which meant that unless we place placque on our bed the linens will only be properly put in place not CHANGED. I feel we spent enough money to have clean linens irregardless. The beach. The beach is not private which means that vendors and other tourist can come on the beach. There is no life guards or security you are strictly on your own at SANDALS. The food. There are FIVE (5) restaurants that are available but unless you can eat all of the food groups your choices are limited. For those who do not eat pork or beef in the morning there are no other meat choices available such as turkey bacon or turkey sausage. LUNCH. I great as long as you enjoy seafood and pasta. DINNER. The OK Coral and Kimonos along with the Bayside was absolutely fabulous. The bartenders are nice but keep in mind no one is allowed to receive a tip so the service is OK nothing to brag about. I wouldn't recommend anyone staying at SANDALS because of the bugs, the cats which freely roam the beach and the restaurants along with the dogs that are freely roaming on the beach. The birds not only fly above your head while your eating they actually peck at the various food displays as well. These practices are not sanitary. I stayed in Aruba where I saw no dogs, cats, or birds so I blame SANDALS not the island. If you want to engage in snorkeling or other extra cirricular activities that Sandals doesn't cover. Not only is there an additional charge these excursions are not done through which means another company handles this process and no SANDALS employee oversees this as well. If you're going to spend top dollar stay at a top dollar resort. NOT SANDALS.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish