This was our first ever visit to Sandals or indeed an all inclusive resort.
The airport is chaotic but after European and North American airports it is actually quite funny to watch!
Once through we were picked up and were in the resort in about 20 minutes(driven by a rather large, very jovial black lady).
When we arrived we were given Champagne and cold towels as we registered, a nice touch.
We were given 2 upgrades and the room was literally 6 feet from the pool. The room itself was OK, maybe a little tired but clean and well equipped. But as I did not intend to spend my holiday in the room I was not too bothered.
We enjoyed the food, found the restaurants good, the Bayside was excellent for breakfast and lunch and the evening meals were good. I don't generally like Italian food but Il Palio was great. Kimonos was different but because of the way the food was, there is only one main course , we only ate their once, but I was a little disappointed with the OK Corral where the service was poor, although the food itself was good.
We were told that there was a dress code for the restaurants and we packed and dressed to this code, however many people were in these with shorts, T-shirts and flip flops. I don't really have aproblem with this but if you have dress code, ENFORCE IT, if you don't intend to enforce it don't have a code.
The evening entertainment was interesting but low key, the piano bar was great if only for the air conditioning.
Being a wrinkly never went to the nightclub!
The guests were predominately American and as such some of them can be loud, but that is the American, they are on holiday as well!!
We met some great people but you can mix or not whatever you wish.
I found the staff fine and very polite.
Sadly there were a couple of people who treated staff like dirt and I am sure they did not get great service. Serves them right.
All in all a great holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Otel, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish