My husband and I flew to what we thought was a 5 star resort, we travelled for 15 hours to get there. The hostess at the airport had no record of us, though we had paid months before. We and another couple tried for at least 1/2 an hour to get a cab to take us to Sandals, finally taking matters into our own hands and circumventing the person organizing the cabs. . Check-in was lengthy, then we were escorted to our room, with a bargain bag of shampoo etc. No hot water, curtains didn't extend to cover the windows, no robes...
Told that there were no tables for dinner that first evening, bar staff were surly throughout our week.
Rained for days and nights, no dry beach towels available for some reason, and had to walk to the beach area to try in the first place...
This place has some serious work to do, not a 5 star, maybe a 3 star...?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish