We stayed at Sandal's August 3 - 11 and enjoyed our stay very much. The food at Sandal's was very good especially the OK Corral - the Bayside was
good - especially the breakfast buffet and the international buffet on saturday - also the beach bbq on monday was great - the other nights is off
the menu and its okay - not enough variety for us. We did not eat at kimonos or the italian restaurant because the husband must have long pants and a collared shirt for those and we didn't bring any. They also have a grill open throughout the day which was also very good. My wife went scuba diving and enjoyed it very much. Also the snorkeling trips were very good as were the other water activities - remember they are at no charge so take advantage. We also went on an atv tour, bicycling and a tour by paddles (must do this one) - you can e-mail them for a reservation - --- - they can also put you in touch with the cycling if you are interested. Alot of people went on the circumnavigation tour (all day sailing around the island with various stops) and loved it . The sunset cruise is a must also - very nice!
Make sure you have a couple days of clothes on your carry - on - luggage seems to get lost at san juan - ours didn't but you never know. Also bring bug spray - we used a sunscreen with bug repellant in it which seemed to help - not a major problem. There are cats walking around the restaurant but there are not alot of them and really wasn't a big deal. The birds do fly
around but you are on a carribbean island for god's sake - what do you expect!!! The nightly entertainment was great - there was something there every night - alot of people go to the piano bar late at night and said it was great . The grounds are beautiful and the beach is fantastic !! The main pool is not very big but it works okay.You must remember you are not in the United States and there will be minor inconveniences but you are on vacation - enjoy it it is a beautiful island and our service throughout the week was fantastic !! We will go back again !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Otel, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish