This is our second Sandals. You provide such great service. The accommodation (Mediterrainean Oceanview Grande Lux Club Level Suite), food, entertainment and your staff are top notch. We chose Sandals again to celebrate our 43rd Wedding Anniversary and you made it so special. On Thursday, February 26th we came back to our room to shower and change for dinner. When we arrived the room was so dark. It was usual that the drapes had not been opened but were we surprised:
- Bed covered in flowers and 2 towels shaped like swans making a heart shape and over the bed with a banner wishing us a happy anniversary along with an anniversary card.
- Jacuzzi full of bubble bath and flowers with champagne in ice bucket with two champagne glasses.
- A towel was in front of the shower and flowers were on it also
- and later a waiter brought a cake with white icing on a white cake along with a grape, strawberry and pineapple decoration to our hotel room with Happy Anniversary written on the plate in chocolate.
Thank you so much for that.
This location is on the outskirts of St John’s not like your Nassau location where there is a bus at the entrance to take you downtown but we survived. There is a Tour Desk on the premises and we did take the Land Tour for Antigua. There is so much to do. In your room the day before you get an itinerary for the day which starts at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 11:00 p.m. You pick what you want to do.
I must tell you that we spoke to various staff and they had nothing but praises on how the Sandals Company treat them
Eleanor’s: The choice offered was good for me but not for my husband as there was no steak on the menu but we loved the ala carte for breakfast.
Courtyard Bistro: The food was very good and it was nice to have a small meal for lunch.
Mario’s: Breakfast & supper was excellent
Bella Napoli Pizzeria: Excellent
Bayside: Breakfast & supper also excellent
Drunken Duck: Dinner really good but was surprised you didn’t have cider
Looking forward to our next stay at Sandals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Otel, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish