We had a 2 week holiday late Jan to early Feb 2014 and this was our first visit to a Sandals resort.
Not only did it live up to its reputation as a 5 star resort but it exceeded our expectations.
The food was excellent with a choice of 7 restaurants all of which we good, we loved Mario's excellent Italian and the Japanese tapanaki grill was superb the food was very good everywhere.
The staff were excellent and very welcoming and the location is superb, a magnificent beach with numerous water sports all included. There was no shortage of refreshment both alcoholic and non alcoholic at any time of the day.
We stayed in the Caribbean side of the resort which was two story buildings overlooking gardens or a pool. We were on the top level, the room was very comfortable and overlooked a small pool which we used a lot as it was never crowded despite the resort being full. Our only criticism was that there were no robes in the room, at a hotel of this class you would expect them and we were asked to pay $90 for wifi access something that is free in every European hotel we have stayed in. We understood that if you took a more upgraded room then these were included. We felt these were minor irritations and did not reflect the general quality of the resort.
There was entertainment every evening, typical Caribbean with Reggae, Steel Drums etc which on the whole was good although it never seemed to be well attended.
One thing we liked was that despite the resort being full we never had to queue for a restaurant, you have to book for Elanor's and the Japanese, but not the others and at times we wondered where all the guest were. Nothing was ever crowded
It is a long flight from the UK but very much worth it, we would have no problem in recommending this resort to our friends and are already thinking about another Sandals for next year
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish