We traveled here Jan 18 -25 2014. We planned this trip last year through the Soon Come Back program while in St. Lucia. Somehow along the way our reservations got "lost" and we didn't have a room. Due to some finagling by my travel agent and Sandals, we did end up with a butler suite. My husband and I were a little apprehensive about having a butler. We are both in the sevice industry and did feel a little uneasy about it. Let me tell you, this is the way to go folks! We were met at the hotel by Julian who was very friendly and inviting. He took us up to our room, gave us a tour of everything we needed to know. Offered to unpack our bags (whattttttttt???) and get us a bite to eat. He asked what our preferences were for the week. We told him we were pretty easy going, we would just like to be sure that we had spot on the beach every day. The next day Desmond (Butler #2) came by to show us our "spot" on the beach. Perfect! The beach here is very nice. Keep in mind that all beaches in Antigua are public so it does tend to get some cruise traffic in the afternoon. The vendors on the beach are plenty, but a simple "No thank you" and they will leave you alone.
The food was spectacular. Eleanore's is not to be missed. We ate there twice, (Thank you to Vanessa, butler #3!) . The pasta at Mario's is delish. Make sure to stop at the cafe' for wonderful capuccino! The entertainment was good. If the band is not to your liking, there is always the Drunken' Duck for a good time. The DJ there is great.
We did a tour through Island Routes at the resort. Did the the 4x4 Eco Kayak trip and were surprised that we were the only ones from our resort on the trip. What a day! We definitely got our money's worth. It was a full day of sight seeing, kayaking, snorkeling, and eating. A true pleasure. The tour guide on our trip was AMAZING as was our Kayak/snorkeling guide. See our review under Island Routes for that one.
We would come back to Sandals Grande Antigua in a heartbeat. Truly a great experience all around!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish