Stayed here with my boyfriend in March 2013. We both loved this hotel and have booked at the new hotel in Grenada for March 2014.
1. Restaurants and Drinks were delicious! Great selection and varieties to suit every taste. (I loved the Scotch Bonnet Martini at Barefoot by the Sea.)
2. Nice rooms. We stayed in a Club Level suite in the Mediterranean village. Room was very well equipped and fridge was stocked daily with our requests. (We liked the Mediterranean village as it was a lot newer than the Caribbean Grove.)
3. Staff were very friendly!
4. Book an island tour with “John”. We booked through the Island Routes excursion desk.
5. Amazing scuba diving!
A few notes to make sure that your stay is enjoyable and you are not disappointed.
1. Pool lounges. Guests get up at 6:30AM to run down to the pool and leave their towels out. They don’t return for hours so it is difficult to get a spot around the pool if you want to sleep in and enjoy your vacation. (There is a sign prohibiting this practice but I did not ever see it enforced.) My boyfriend and I are beach people, and we always found a space at the beach, however, if you love the pool and don’t want to get up super early, make sure you get a butler category room and they will reserve your chair by the pool.
2. The beach is public so be aware that people will try to sell you items multiple times. We found all vendors to be quite sweet, but if you are easily bothered by vendors repeatedly asking you to buy items, sit back behind the beach wall (there’s still lots of sand and lounges there.)
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be returning to other Sandals properties in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Jetsetter, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish