My husband & I spent our 10 year Anniversary here at SGA. I booked directly through Sandals. Booking was average, nothing special, as far as service goes. They did there job, gave me all the info & took my money, nothing to make me feel super excited about.
Which is exactly how the actual vacation was.
We booked the Romeo & Juliet Suite on the Med side with Butler Service.
So here's a overview of our stay:
FIRST-If u can afford to add the extra service of the Butler, DO IT! It was so worth it for us. Actually the only thing that stood out for us was the spectacular service from our Butlers. Trisha & Geoffrey. They went above & beyond.
Food-Overall, it was very good. We are not very picky about our food. Most Favorite was Eleanor's, husband loved the lobster, so much, he ordered another lobster tail after he finished the first one. Least Favorite, OK Corral. This maybe not be directly influenced by the food, because it was pretty good, but the service was HORRIBLE. We enjoyed the food & view, but hurried through dinner to get outta there. Barefoot has amazing quesadillas & jerk chicken. We had this delivered to us by the pool one day & it was just perfect! Pizza was also a favorite poolside. Mario's is the BEST for breakfast, wonderful buffet style with lots of choices.
Oh, we did not care for Kimonos either, not our kinds of flavors.
Cafe De Paris was perfect for late night snacks & the frozen coffee drinks were delicious!
Room was AMAZING! I always said, it really doesn't matter what room u stay in because all u do it sleep, but my mind is totally changed after staying in this suite, 7701. It was beautiful & the view/balcony was the BEST!
Pool was nice, we had our Butlers reserve our chairs so we could have shade. Without them reserving them, I don't think we would have enjoyed the pool as much, because we aren't those people that wake up early to reserve chairs & there just aren't enough chairs with umbrella. Swim up bar service was good, not great.
Red Lane Spa was AMAZING! I had the hot stone massage by, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe by Eve or Eva. Hands down best massage of my life! They did not hassle me about buying products. She asked me once but after saying no, that was it.
We did not try the beach, because we talked to a couple different people and they said they were hassled way too much by the local vendors, so we didnt even try the beach.
We did the Xtreme Circumnavigation Tour. Stingray City was the highlight, with snorkeling at the Pillars of Hercules a close second. Only thing I was not pleased with was the lunch. Food was actually very good, but it is very hard to find a place in the shade to enjoy it. It was not comfortable at all sitting on a tree stump with a plate in my lap. A bit of advice is sit towards the back under the canopy in the boat. We ended up in the front & it was very bumpy/jarring at times. Some of the bumps were painful to my back. Also when we toured the Dockyard, we sat & baked in the sun for what felt like 30-40 minutes.
Overall, it was a vacation to remember, but it just wasn't spectacular. Which is what I was expecting, especially for how much money we spent.
Great to experience, but we won't return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Jetsetter, Reservation Counter and Travelocity so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish