Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa
$235
$162
  • Breakfast included
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$220
$213
Hotels.com
$162
$143
  • Breakfast included
Ocean Point Resort & Spa(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$160
$156
Antigua Village(St. John's)
$153
Antigua's Yepton Estate Cottages(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$143
$138
Hotels.com
Anchorage Inn(St. John's)
$105
$80
$356
$331
Galley Bay Cottages(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$555
Orbitz.com
Jumby Bay Island(St. John's)
$1,175
$1,140
7,167 results
All reviewscaribbean sideok corralbutler servicedrunken duckmediterranean villagemain poolswim up barmediterranean poolour honeymooncourtyard bistrosushi barde parisred lane spaclub levelcaribbean grovepiano barbutler suite
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

The vacation at Sandals started with employees greeting you at the door with hot towels and cold beverages while the front desk staff checked you in and took your bags to your room. From there, it's nothing but relaxing. The resort is immaculate. The swim up bars in the pools were awesome. There are a number of restaurants at the resort that give you a wide variety of food options. There are also a number of activities, like snorkeling and sailing, included in the price of your stay. Although Sandals is a bit expensive, it was worth it. If you are looking for a place to go where you don't have to worry about a thing then this is a resort you should consider.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank mlwuk2
Reviewed July 8, 2013

There are so many things I could write, i'll stick to what we enjoyed most. We recently celebrated our Honeymoon here and it is a wonderful place with exceptional views, nature, ocean, sun, heat and food. The best places to dine are Mario's and Eleanor's, wonderful simple, fine food, although petite, it is inclusive so if still hungry go to your next diner, haha. Crab cakes in Eleanor's and Lava cake in Mario's to die for, beautiful presentation throughout the entire resort with food. We were baffled by the British restaurant Cricketers, hot slates for food presentation is awful and not big enough especially for a pub set up and the Scottish Manager seemed to do everything while his lazy staff did nothing and so miserable, not impressed here at all and that Manager needs to step back and manage or leave and do something he'll enjoy more, food was okay, but really not best place on resort. Bayside was good but due to birds, ants and other creatures in open restaurant it was very unhygienic and breakfast is best eaten at Mario's. The tour on the canopy and kayaks is brilliant, the guide was great showing us much of St Johns and local history and culture the Wadalfi catamaran is worth a hit or any other one, for scuba diving, snorkelling and many beach activities, well worth a go and very organised, loved the turndown room service by Concierge and wonderful breakfast in bed, room was always well stocked, cleaned and tidy and they even spray between 6 and 7pm for mosquitoes. Beach is beautiful, entertainment was great and they draw in some great and talented acts, 4th July events were brilliant. Kimonos restaurant is brilliant, chef cooks in front of you and great entertainment, you have to try it, trust us. Enjoy the main pool and bar it is luxury and also make sure you get plenty of photos taken by Photoshop staff and your photo shoot, brilliant, visit the shop to see how you can present them. Stand out staff were Caesem (Photoshop), T, Bear (Kimonos), Veneto (Mario's), Ricky (Painter)-- very talented. (hope there names are correct), they were welcoming great and always made an effort to talk, smile and recognise you, well done to them all. Unfortunately few negatives, Champagne tea is waste of time and absolutely no comparison to White glove service of London as it describes, personally it may advertise well but we found it waste of time, no welcome, no atmosphere, staff very poor and nervous and practically no servings. Rest of resort shows staff are clearly there simply as it's a job and money, for the type of resort it is they are rude, careless and have absolutely no time or bother for you what so ever, mostly not to be sexist but the females were absolutely awful, not one single smile, but males were just as bad in many areas, if they were in the UK there would be no hope with that attitude, we were shocked by it, but i'm assuming it won't change so you have to look at the positives and look at the inclusive luxuries, ignore the ignorance of staff, as a point you'll come across one or two okay ones around the pool, but as I say most just don't want to be there, very sad really, i'd work there and I've been in the industry for 15 years here in the UK so I know what to expect and service is what many places pride themselves on, just one last thing, get on a tour or two but don't waste too much time out of Sandals, you have all you need and want and you are in paradise, also avoid the beach vendors trying to sell stuff, they are annoying and I don't believe it is legit, but is is a public beach so be warned.

Room Tip: Honeymoon Concierge Suites are beautiful, great service from Concierge too.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank STEPHEN H
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Sandals Antigua for our first wedding anniversary in May of 2012. We've been to Antigua on a cruise before, and our main motivation for choosing it was that it's a beautiful island, and also has direct flights from JFK. Having said that, we probably would not choose to come back to this property again. It was generally nice, but it doesn't have that feeling of exclusivity you get at other resorts. Because everyone is there as a couple, and everyone is on the same all-inclusive plan, it just doesn't have that 'special' feeling. I sort of felt like we were going to the TGIFriday's of the Caribbean, in that it seems such a standard, American thing to do, to go to a Sandals! (For perspective, the other two hotels we were considering on the island were Cocobay and Cocos, but chose Sandals, in order to stay within our budget.) Our room was nice enough, and the staff was especially lovely, I just don't think it was a good fit for us for a 1st anniversary trip. Too formulaic, and lacking that special touch you find at other luxury resorts.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jennie521
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I just spent a week at Sandals in Antigua. My husband and I had a great time. The weather was beautiful.Warm but not humid and those amazing Trade Winds! The hotel is well maintained and most of the staff was friendly and helpful. There were some minor problems. Elenore's ran out of lobster and Barefoot ran out of crayfish, but overall the food was good.We stayed a the Mediterranean Village (the newer section) and it was beautiful. The vendors on the beach were really annoying. They didn't take no for an answer. They came back again and again. It's a public beach and Sandals has no control over them. I understand they are trying to make a living but take NO for an answer. Even so we will return.

Room Tip: Ask for the Mediterranean Village and if you want an ocean view go above the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank liz48017
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Just returned from a stay in Antigua June 22nd through the 29th. Let me start by giving a shout-out to the Director of Guest Services, Mr. Donovan Dobson!! I had contacted the result about 3 days before my arrival to see if there would be any way to get distilled water -- see, I use a CPAP breathing machine at night and the machine needs distilled water for the humidifier. Mr. Dobson personally wrote back that same day and stated he would make sure there would be distilled water in my room upon arrival. Well, when my husband and I arrived on the 22nd -- VOILA -- there was "Crystal Distilled Water" in our room (the funny thing is, my name is Crystal) with a lovely note and some fresh fruit. As we were settling in -- we had a knock on the door and Mr. Dobson personally came to visit to welcome us and meet us in person. Talk about Customer Service!

Speaking of Customer Service -- Rasheen was one who walked us to our room and told us about the resort. He also was helping up set up the WIFI we purchased for the week. He had to go back to the lobby to finish up and said he'd be back shortly. Since we wanted to get a start on the beach before it got dark (we arrived around 2 in the afternoon), we went down to the beach to enjoy. Low and behold, Rasheen FOUND US on the beach to finish up the WIFI set up. I was really impressed by this...

Every staff member we encountered treated us like Royalty. I'm serious -- from Miss Althea, Despina, and Puck at the main swim up bar, to Orleesa Stephenson at OK Corral, Maura, Marion, Sherelle, Adonica at Bayside, Solange at the Gift Shop, the lovely Ms. Sylvia at the Cafe de Paris, and the Photoshop guys (Omega and Dwylon just to name a few -- if I miss anyone, my apologies). I have no clue why prior review say that the staff is unfriendly; my husband and I never encountered that. What we did encounter was helpful, cheerful folks who were hard workers and kind. I at times felt the guest were rude to the staff.

Before arriving, I had booked a Honeymoon Orchid Poolside Walk Out room and we found out that we were graciously upgraded to Honeymoon Luxury Walkout Poolside Concierge room in the Anthurium Building right behind the Caribbean Swim Up Pool. The room was spacious, very nice and very clean. While the Mediterranean side high-rise is nice; we really loved the lush, tranquil and gorgeous Caribbean side. It felt very intimate and it really was beautiful.

Now, there is one thing that I agree with in regards to the only 'negative' that I experienced: the beach vendors. I can totally see why a lot of reviewers were sometimes bothered by this. During our first and 2nd day, we did have an influx of vendors asking us to buy -- however, our strategy was to be nice and honest upfront that we weren't going on any excursions during our stay for the week, which was the truth. We made friends with the vendors (Eddie, Isaac w/Wadadli Cats) and they pretty much left us alone for the rest of the week. I did buy a few lovely necklaces from some of the ladies and one even gave me an Antiguan bracelet because she said she saw that I was kind to the vendors and frequently purchased items. So -- again, I can see where guests would be put off by possibly being bothered when you are just trying to take in the beach and rest.

We really liked the restaurants: We ate at Eleanors twice and had dinner at Bayside on our first night and ate there twice for their lunch buffet, which was good. My husband raved about the lamb kebobs they had for lunch. We usually ate at Marios for breakfast for the remainder of our stay as our room was closer to that side. We enjoyed our dinner there too. Liked Kimonos and our chef "Mr. Sugar". I actually really liked Ok Corral. My chicken fajitas were really good and they had good pulled pork tacos. Barefoot by the Sea had really good burgers at lunch, unfortunately we didn't get to have dinner there, but another guest told me the fish was really good. Bella Napoli pizza was tasty for a quick snack or lunch by the pool. The ONLY disappointing meal for us was Soy Sushi. We felt the sushi was disgusting. The rice was mushy and wet and the fish very 'fishy' tasting. We love Sushi and we eat it frequently, so we really were shocked that the food there was just not to our liking, when the patrons there were raving about it.

While we didn't do any excursions, we did do a couples massage, which was heavenly. I want to say hello to Ms. Resa at the Red Lane Spa!!! I miss you and thank you for being so wonderful!! :)

Loved the Mediterranean pool and the swim-up bar. Thank you to all the ladies that gave us pool-side service and beach service with a smile while getting our drinks. The nightly entertainment was good -- and the pool contests were fun (I came in 2nd for the song contest and theme song contest). Loved going to Cafe de Paris to get a little snack in the evening. Ms. Sylvia made the best crepes!

The resort, in our eyes, was really well-maintained and cleaned. Staff were out early and daily, cleaning pools, cutting shrubbery, making deliveries, etc. Our room was cleaned TWICE a day and very well I may add. All in all, we had a wonderful time. The resort was beautiful and I can't thank the staff enough for making our trip a wonderful one. If you are kind to others, that kindness comes back two-fold! I would most certainly visit Antigua again or try another Sandals property!

Room Tip: Loved Room 808 -- right in between the Caribbean and Mediterranean side and close to everything.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple